Vtg6a plate

Just received new fleet of man trucks on lease from Aquila, I’ve been informed because they are brand new and they do not have the plates yet that ( email pending) I’ve been told it will be a email send to me that I print off and then I place the plate in the vehicles myself

Does this sound right to any one?

Many thanks [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t sound right to me at all, though I’ll happily stand to be corrected if anyone else is 100% certain. Last time I needed any VTG6’s or 7’s they came from DVSA, already printed and laminated.

It has just taken over six months and numerous emails to acquire one for a new trailer. The delay was because Swansea issued the id wrong number to the trailer. In fact they issued the same id number to two trailers and refused admit their mistake.

I feel your pain. You should have seen the hassle I had getting an incorrect revenue weight on a logbook changed to the proper weight. Even though they were robbing themselves of VED by taking their time :laughing:

lmp198181:
Just received new fleet of man trucks on lease from Aquila, I’ve been informed because they are brand new and they do not have the plates yet that ( email pending) I’ve been told it will be a email send to me that I print off and then I place the plate in the vehicles myself

Many thanks [emoji1317]

Yes, I believe they’ve stopped issuing laminated plates and will now email them to you to print out and stick in the truck/on the trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lmp198181:

Many thanks [emoji1317]

Yes, this is correct. DVSA stopped issuing hard-copy plating certs back in April. Make sure the MAN Sales Administrator has your correct email address. Currently my customers are waiting about 2-3 weeks for their plates

Thanks bud they came through yesterday but better late than never, 5 weeks wait [emoji1317]

It can take months to receive your VTG certs on new vehicles. Generally as long as you have it before the first MOT is done you are fine.