VTG6 Missing

Hi I am working for a haulage company driving an 18 ton vehicle. They are brand new lorries on lease from a hire company. My problem is that the laminated plating certificate (VTG6) is missing and has been since the vehicles were delivered. On checking none of the vehicles in the fleet have the VTG6. I have reported this four times (twice as a defect) and still they are not there. It is 5 months now. I think they are waiting for the hire company to deliver them. I understand it is a legal requirement that they are displayed in the vehicle. If I get stopped by VOSA will I risk prosecution. Any advice would be appreciated.

MickN:
Hi I am working for a haulage company driving an 18 ton vehicle. They are brand new lorries on lease from a hire company. My problem is that the laminated plating certificate (VTG6) is missing and has been since the vehicles were delivered. On checking none of the vehicles in the fleet have the VTG6. I have reported this four times (twice as a defect) and still they are not there. It is 5 months now. I think they are waiting for the hire company to deliver them. I understand it is a legal requirement that they are displayed in the vehicle. If I get stopped by VOSA will I risk prosecution. Any advice would be appreciated.

It’ll “turn up” just before it’s 1st MOT I’m sure…

Just write a defect for it every day…someone will finally moan about you and sort it out!

Not your problem. If you are stopped by DVSA it is entirely an operator problem. But in any event I would very much doubt that brand-new vehicles owned by a hire company would be operated illegally, sometimes documentation takes weeks or even months to come through.

Won’t be issued for at least 6 - 8 weeks minimum.

The place where I work is a contract hire and leasing company, and as far as I know the VTG plates don’t have to be in the vehicle until its first MOT. We had some new mercedes units delivered without the plates which are sent after delivery and they took a few months to reach us.