Vostapo

Might be just coincidence, but on the last 4 trips across Uk and back (Pembroke- Dover) I haven’t seen a single vosa car whereas before I would see at least 4 per trip.
Did hear that their finances had taken a hit when gov funding was cut and this was the reason for cutbacks in mobile units. Anyone know?

Just because you have not seen them, does not mean they are not there :wink:

They could be patrolling other areas, if they patrolled the same area every day, the dodgy ones amongst us would have an easy time avoiding then

They’ve been on the M1 at Trowell most Sunday mornings for the last couple of months.

That will change on the m4 ,was in commercial motor August edition about to clamp down although they did mention the clampdown will be with weight.

I noticed at Tiverton last week there was a police car intercepting trucks on the southbound M5 rather than a VOSA Ford Galaxy and wondered whether this was due to funding cutbacks.

Harry Monk:
I noticed at Tiverton last week there was a police car intercepting trucks on the southbound M5 rather than a VOSA Ford Galaxy and wondered whether this was due to funding cutbacks.

the police pulled me at bamber bridge last year, then a few weeks later i got pulled by vosa at the same spot. :confused:

I was thinking I hadnt seen one for a while then I looked up at the traffic lights and there was one!

They’ve been issued with Stealth Bombers! :open_mouth:

I suspect they may be concentrating on main routes to and closer to London, as an “outer guard” during the Olympics.
Just ba thought.

budget cuts they now double up as HATOs aswell, also using HATO 4x4’s and those “managment” galaxys you see about, so you probably have seen them just not realised it, only time you know is when HATO pulls in front of you and rear sign flashes up saying VOSA - follow me… :wink: :laughing:

seen the one near A1M peterborough having BBQ for truck drivers on a sunday afternoon,

One pulled in front of me last week on the M6 heading towards Stafford and put the ‘follow me’ up. Then a ratty 20 year old irish Scania pulling a reefer, that I’m guessing couldn’t see the Galaxy in front, flew past me at about 65mph and the Galaxy shot off after him.

I tried my best to keep up. :laughing:

Harry Monk:

This is really ironic give this recent announcement…
independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr … 26030.html

Own Account Driver:
One pulled in front of me last week on the M6 heading towards Stafford and put the ‘follow me’ up. Then a ratty 20 year old irish Scania pulling a reefer, that I’m guessing couldn’t see the Galaxy in front, flew past me at about 65mph and the Galaxy shot off after him.

I tried my best to keep up. :laughing: