Vosa

Got pulled in by vosa today. They were on the motorway bridge just before Middleton turn off(coming from m62). As I came down the hill he shot off and I thought crap he’s coming for me. I then saw him gunning it down the slip road in my mirror, at this point my backside had fell out. He then pulled in front of me with the follow me vehicle check displayed on the top of his car. So I followed him into the station at chadderton, pulled in to garage as directed. A old lady came over to me and said someone will be with you in a min, I said what’s going on I’m a newbi to which she rubbed her hands laughing and replied “oh a virgin we’re going to have fun with you” and walked off. A officer came over and said just going to pop your reg in computer won’t be a minute, on his return he said “OK driver your mechanic is on a green light with a 0 score and you have just been tested, reverse out and off you go”. Apparently we’ve had no vehicle failures in over 10 years.

So I backed out and he shouted to me from behind you have no reverse lights or beeper working, I told him I know the switch on gearbox has went on Friday and it’s all in my defects book if he wants to see, was told no need as it’s not a requirement I’m just telling you as you go in quarries and building sites.

So the moral of the story is you got stopped, found to be legal and sent on your way with no fines or penalties. You do know some on here won’t believe you.

noney82:
. A old lady came over to me and said someone will be with you in a min, I said what’s going on I’m a newbi to which she rubbed her hands laughing and replied “oh a virgin we’re going to have fun with you”

No Picture so irrelevant unless the cooking pot was bubbling with her Broom in the corner …

I didn’t even get chance to turn the engine off. They didn’t check anything apart from my reg in the computer that was it. There was a old skip truck next to me being ripped apart by looks of it. They can choose not to believe me or not, but if I had been caught out of be ■■■■■■■■ it and asking for help and information about what happens next. Intentions of my post was really to express how terrifying it is to be pulled in even tho you know your tach is right and to your knowledge the truck is too :grimacing:

noney82:
I didn’t even get chance to turn the engine off. They didn’t check anything apart from my reg in the computer that was it. There was a old skip truck next to me being ripped apart by looks of it. They can choose not to believe me or not, but if I had been caught out of be ■■■■■■■■ it and asking for help and information about what happens next. Intentions of my post was really to express how terrifying it is to be pulled in even tho you know your tach is right and to your knowledge the truck is too :grimacing:

But you were only terrified because of all the BS you see posted on here by people who have never had any involvement with them or by people who know them by name and can’t seem to understand why that may be.
Next time you wont worry about it at all.

That is a true point micks. They are only doing a job I guess

As m1cks says just like plod really.
But I know what you mean you get that little twitch going on whilst thinking did I do something wrong , did I miss something on my checks :open_mouth: