VOSA

if i was in my car, i would not stop for them, i would only stop for blue lights

They certainly do stop cars, years ago I had a ropey mk1 fiesta, I got signalled by plod into the truck park Wakefield and had a wheeltapper start to go over my car, he wasn’t impressed that I couldn’t put the handbrake on (just bought a new cable which was on the back seat) I received a delayed prohibition and had to get a MOT done when handbrake fixed.

I`ve seen them stop a car with no police on the A55, pull them over into the services, the car was a jap import sports car like a skyline type.

Harry Monk:

repton:
I’ve seen VOSA waving cars in to their test stations, I came off the M4 at Swindon East one day, went round the roundabout towards town and saw a VOSA step out into the road about 50 yards in front of me, I thought “Right, here we go then” :stuck_out_tongue: but to my amazement he waved in the car in front of me, a Ford Mondeo that was only 3 or 4 years old.
so.

As someone else said on here a while back stay in the outside lane on that one if you’re coming off either from east or west.

VOSA do a great job! Should be more of them I say! :grimacing:

andrew.s:
as much as we hate vosa, i have been very glad to see them arrive when i was involved in a serious accident(not my fault i hasten to add!)
but i was even more pleased to see the real traffic police arrive at the same accident!!

VOSA turned up at the scene of an accident? Are you sure they weren’t HATO (i.e. Highways Authority Traffic Officers)?

grahamzx6r:

Lady P:

nickyboy:
In a word yes

So why do you never see then stop a car ■■ or motorbike ■■ and could they give them the same fines as a HGV or similar ■■ ie PG9

WOULD BE QUITE INTERESTING GETTING A BIKER TO STOP FOR EM :slight_smile:

Was thinking that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dean0:
if i was in my car, i would not stop for them, i would only stop for blue lights

I imagine that if you didn’t stop for them it wouldn’t be too long before you were stopping for the blue lights. :wink:

i got pulled at scratchwood on the m1, and they found the idler bearing for the second steer axle (eight wheeler) had a bit of play in it,they gave me a delayed prohibition ,i said i would get a fitter out to do it there and then but they wouldnt have it,had to have an extended full MOT despite the fact it had been tested a couple of months previous.
at all other times i have found them to be ok,should have worded my first post slightly diferently,i was trying to say how glad i was to see them after a serious rta that i was tangled up in.

Rule 107 of the highway code, VOSA have the powers to stop all vehicles on all roads. And it is an offence not to comply with their directions.

cruisin comet:
Rule 107 of the highway code, VOSA have the powers to stop all vehicles on all roads. And it is an offence not to comply with their directions.

And if you had a high value load on, would you stop/ follow their instructions as full uniforms can’t be bought on a Market can they? Ooopppsss sorry that doesn’t happen does it? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

VOSA also have responsability for car, van & bike test centres ie your local garage/MOT centre normaly they don’t investigate them unless a specific complaint is received ,them a “plant” vehicle with known faults is submitted for test! remember the case a few years back when VOSA investigators were shot by a garage owner when they uncovered malpractice.but I belive pulling private vehicles is difficult for VOSA, you never know who the owner or driver is prehaps someone who could give them a hard time,solicitor,barrister,judge,MP,the list go’s on,but pull a lorry all they have to deal with is an"uneducated" driver(the British class system at it’s best) :astonished:

cruisin comet:

Only in England and Wales as far as I’m aware, in Scotland plot has to be in attendance, and has to make the vehicle stop.
Vosa on their own can not male a vehicle stop.