vosa

help help just got home today to find a nice brown envelope on floor from those nice people in bristol :laughing: . back end of last year got collared for starting 3 mins early on a 45 ,plus a speed fine for doing 45 in a 50,now bearing that in mind ,yes i fully exept the penaltys that i payed.now back in feb i suffered heart attack ,had license revoked,etc,etc.got license back all good . but now it would seem a ms pearce at bristol wants more .they now want to see after 25 years of driving trucks, whether im capable or not to hold a license :confused: nice . knowing that she must be the daughter of christ , and that a certain dog stuff will not stick. :wink: is this fair ,or shall i go to court and tell her to stick my license where NO MAN has ever dared to VENTURE ,and has never seen the light of day :imp: :exclamation: oh just 1 more thing next time I see a VOSA vehicle or the traffic ■■■■■ with a defective rear lights on any of our motorways ,your nuts will be dropped from a great height ,through the LAW.so just remember everyone write down those number plates and report the buggers.thats better :slight_smile:

flapper:
help help just got home today to find a nice brown envelope on floor from those nice people in bristol :laughing: . back end of last year got collared for starting 3 mins early on a 45 ,plus a speed fine for doing 45 in a 50,now bearing that in mind ,yes i fully exept the penaltys that i payed.now back in feb i suffered heart attack ,had license revoked,etc,etc.got license back all good . but now it would seem a ms pearce at bristol wants more .they now want to see after 25 years of driving trucks, whether im capable or not to hold a license :confused: nice . knowing that she must be the daughter of christ , and that a certain dog stuff will not stick. :wink: is this fair ,or shall i go to court and tell her to stick my license where NO MAN has ever dared to VENTURE ,and has never seen the light of day :imp: :exclamation: oh just 1 more thing next time I see a VOSA vehicle or the traffic [zb] with a defective rear lights on any of our motorways ,your nuts will be dropped from a great height ,through the LAW.so just remember everyone write down those number plates and report the buggers.thats better :slight_smile:

you want to think your self lucky mate your TC isnt the north west one :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

flapper:
plus a speed fine for doing 45 in a 50

EH :confused: :confused: from VOSA :question: care to explain as I thought that was a police thing…

i remember back in the 90,s i got done on the A1 at berwick and i got a nasty letter from the t/c telling me how they take a dim view of speeding as i,m a professional driver etc etc

chaversdad:
i remember back in the 90,s i got done on the A1 at berwick and i got a nasty letter from the t/c telling me how they take a dim view of speeding as i,m a professional driver etc etc

I did not think that TCs were interested unless it was a repeating thing :question:

chaversdad:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

welcome to the gang… your not a real driver unless you’ve had 3 points from berwick.

bin there done that :blush:

Sorry you’ve had a bad time, Flapper. :frowning:

Hopefully your run of bad luck is over.

Don’t let them win and take your licence :imp:

Play their little games, jump through any hoops they show you, smile nicely (don’t let them see your gritted teeth) and remember that they probably have no idea about truck driving, or anything else, it sometimes seems… :unamused:

When it’s all behind you and you’re back on the road, it will all be worth it :smiley:

mezzzz1211:
bin there done that :blush:

me too :blush: :blush:

I will only use the A1 oop north if its absolutely necesary.

We do fairly regular drops to several farms in Cockburnspath area and i’d rather spend an extra hour running across from Carlisle via Hawick, Glasheils and Duns than use the A1 north of Alnwick. :imp:

although you havn’t given us the full details, like have you been to court, or have you just taken the points and fine. i would tell the tc that you felt that you were not guilty but took the fine and points as it was easier and more cost efficient to do so, as for the 3 minutes thing, it was a single oversight, on balance, it’s not too bad considering all the years you have behind you. and remember this important legal phrase.
“at no point in my driving career have i ever knowingly contravened the eu drivers hours regulations wilfully or with recless mind.”

whatever way these tc’s dress up their kangaroo court system, it is nothing less than double jeopody, they give it different names, like bringing haulage into disrepute etc. but we have a tried and tested court system for that, why should you get done again?
you should tell your mp and mep. if everyone did this, then we might get somewhere. otherwise they will just keep playing at kings and queens from the dark ages. “he was speeding, off with his head”. at least that can’t be done twice. :laughing:

jessicas dad:

chaversdad:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

welcome to the gang… your not a real driver unless you’ve had 3 points from berwick.

best of it was my old man was following me and they did us both, it wasnt the camera back in them days it was a bloody red BMW , i blamed the old fella for not seeing it behind him :laughing: funny thing is we have both been done by the same camera on the same day as well since then {that one they keep moving from north to south} up past alnwick, must invest in a second map so we dont have to keep following each other round :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:

chaversdad:

■■■■!!! I was so close to be a real driver…

When I came to Scotland I had some agency jobs for Highlands Haulage and I enjoyed a flash on A1. Then letter came to me and they wanted my driving license and cheque. So I sent them both (driving license AND cheque), only problem was that my license is Polish and I don’t had yet british counterpart to that. They asked me to do one, and until that was done they refused to accept my cheque as well. They gave me few weeks more. I wrote to them that I accept that I was overspeeding etc etc etc, but I can’t do that as I am going home by car and I have to carry my license with me so I can’t send it to DVLA and asked them for another few weeks. But they told me “No way! Now we are sending all your paperwork to the court”…

But obviously court was happy with me stating in letter that yes, I was speeding, I am ready to pay the fine and I was learned my lessons, as I never heard nothing from them.

I was so happy that I saved these 60 quids until today, when I found that becouse of that I am not a real driver… I could pay even 63, maybe even 63.50 if I could have this chance back… :

[quote="jessicas dad
welcome to the gang… your not a real driver unless you’ve had 3 points from berwick.[/quote]

Do trunkers have to get 6 points??

limeyphil:
“he was speeding, off with his head”. at least that can’t be done twice. :laughing:

Dont be so sure, i’e heard your bordeline boiler TC stitches it back on then takes another swipe for good measure and sometimes just for personal pleasure :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I do’nt know why you did’nt just use the political defence? Just say it was an oversight and tell them you will pay the 3 minutes back. As for the speeding have you not got some fees office in your firm you could blame. This defence seems to work.

flapper:
but now it would seem a ms pearce at bristol wants more .they now want to see after 25 years of driving trucks, whether im capable or not to hold a license :confused: nice .

Well I’ve not been done once for anything in 16 years of driving lorries and 20 years including car use, even though for quite a few years I was racking up over 125,000 miles a year, so to get done twice in a few months you must have been going some. Maybe they’ve been looking through the previous 12 months charts and also any other convictions you’ve had for motoring offences and decided that you’re not really being professional about your job at all.