VOSA

I was pulled in by VOSA recently; they were having a purge on ADR vehicles. Long story short I was over my 4:30 and was given a fixed penalty as a result…I was working as an agency driver at the time.

Question: Do VOSA and recruitment agencies work or have contact with one another, as my work with the agencies suddenly dried up and without explanation. Gone from the phone ringing constantly to zilch.

Oh, and I do realise that I was an absolute pillock!!

Did you tell the VOSA bod which agency you worked for ?

The reason I ask is because I can’t imagine why they would be interested, it’s the operator who is directly affected by your infringements not the agency, it’s possible that the company you drove for noticed the infringement when your card was analysed and got onto the agency about it.
However if it’s just one infringement it’s more likely that the agency work drying up is just coincidence.

Perhaps your right and it’s nothing more than coincidence.
Many Thanks

I very much doubt that VOSA (now DVSA) and the agency would have any direct contact, but as a result of your fixed penalty VOSA would have contacted the operator who you were driving for (as it will effect their OCRS score etc). They in turn may well have contacted the agency.

Jazzizme:
I was pulled in by VOSA recently; they were having a purge on ADR vehicles. Long story short I was over my 4:30 and was given a fixed penalty as a result…I was working as an agency driver at the time.

Question: Do VOSA and recruitment agencies work or have contact with one another, as my work with the agencies suddenly dried up and without explanation. Gone from the phone ringing constantly to zilch.

Oh, and I do realise that I was an absolute pillock!!

How far over your 4 1/2 was you? Was there any problems with the vehicle? Perhaps they spoke to the company you was working for and they’ve passed on what has happened? Could be something could be nothing.

Have you tried asking the agency why the work has dried up? They might be honest with you if they know about the penalty, they might spin you a yarn, or they might genuinely know nothing about it and the work has genuinely dried up.

Asking does no harm, you don’t have to admit anything to them at this stage. However, I don’t know what the rules are on disclosure if you continue to drive for other operators.

The law allows drivers to go over 4.30 driving in circumstances beyond your control ,such as a roadclclosure, accident, weather conditions.
You are allowed to find the next safe and suitable place for your load and other road users.
But the driver must explain it on a printout and keep it for 28 days, one copy for the employer or vehicle operator.
Can I ask the reason for over 4.30, congestion ?
Many drivers go over as some digi tachos add on two minutes when stopping.
In a traffic jam , the time goes fast.