Vosa trying to pull after youve passed them

chaversdad:
i,m sure at carlisle and stirling it says something along the lines of " all goods vehicles must enter checkpoint" i,m sure someone local will put me right

There is a sign at Carlisle that says ‘Enter Checkpoint’ cos I did and went in. No-one else did. The Vosa guy asked why I was in and I told him about the sign. He rolled his eyes and muttered cos it must’ve been a mistake. I told him what I was carrying and he sent me on my way, very polite too.
I was slightly disappointed they didn’t send me over the weighbridge cos I’d like to know for my own curiosity. We’re not overweight or even close, (double decker full of bread) but I would’ve like to see if my estimates are near the mark.

MikeCunn:

chaversdad:
i,m sure at carlisle and stirling it says something along the lines of " all goods vehicles must enter checkpoint" i,m sure someone local will put me right

There is a sign at Carlisle that says ‘Enter Checkpoint’ cos I did and went in. No-one else did. The Vosa guy asked why I was in and I told him about the sign. He rolled his eyes and muttered cos it must’ve been a mistake. I told him what I was carrying and he sent me on my way, very polite too.
I was slightly disappointed they didn’t send me over the weighbridge cos I’d like to know for my own curiosity. We’re not overweight or even close, (double decker full of bread) but I would’ve like to see if my estimates are near the mark.

He probably knows you carry NIMBLE. But honestly pulling into a VOSA site is asking to be put through the MILL. There is a STRONG chance of having the RISE taken by a bloke in a HOVIZ. Next time use your LOAF or it could cost you some DOUGH. The other problem is having to WHEAT while they take some BREAD off the bloke in front.

Sorry if this sounds CORNy :stuck_out_tongue:

scania164480:
, so this is the score at the end of play today:
JAY 1---- VOSA 0

They will soon even the score :laughing:

scania164480:
Was driving thru Welshpool this afternoon from Oswestry direction, and as i came to the railway roundabout and vosa was parked just before it, I took the first exit towards Newtown and low and behold Mr Vostapo had pulled out after me, I got approx 1.5 miles down the road to the next r/a whereby his lights were full on and he was about 6inches from my back doors. I slowed down and pulled to one side on the r/a, (my window down at this point) where i decided to stick the old noggin out and question thru hand gestures whether he was wanting to pull me. As far as i could see, he wanted me to spin around the r/a and proceed in the oposite direction back to the checkpoint which was about 1mile on the northbound side, my instant answer to him thru another hand gesture was to give him the bird!! He went around the r/a and headed north and i went south, but within 10 mins the office had phoned me and asked why i didnt follow the vostapo to the checkpoint, to which i replied, “The d1ck was behind me, not in front, i aint got eyes in the back of my head!!” I told them the story of what happened, to which i was told, "Keep her going, if they wernt in front of you and you couldnt see the “FOLLOW ME” dont worry about it!
So i didn’t, so this is the score at the end of play today:
JAY 1---- VOSA 0

could you not have hit the brakes really hard,you know the dog in the road trick,then he would have some explaining to do, to his boss.

chris mc:

chaversdad:

The stirling sign says:-

get in lane left lane for any vehicle right lane non HGV look on google maps I did try to post link here dont know how to :blush: :blush:

First sign (Google Maps Link) heading southbound on the M9 for Kildean Checkpoint.
Second sign (Google Maps Link) heading southbound on the M9 for Kildean Checkpoint.
Third sign (Google Maps Link)(closed over) heading southbound on the M9 for Kildean Checkpoint.

chris mc:

chaversdad:

The stirling sign says:-

get in lane left lane for any vehicle right lane non HGV look on google maps I did try to post link here dont know how to :blush: :blush:

And 200 meters past that sign is an electronic sign which when turned on tells you ‘‘all goods vehicles must enter checkpoint’’

■■■■■■■ in there all the bloody time does my ■■■■ in. When you finally get your turn cos there is quite a queue he just tells you to go back out. The sign does say all good vehicles though. Sometimes i feel like dinging it.

I have never entered a checkpoint without being directed in by a police officer.

I have never had dealings with a VOSA person on foot, but unless they were in a Ford Galaxy I wouldn’t pull in just because of a hiviz.

It is time we had lollipops like those in Europe which cast no doubt you are wanted

Wheel Nut:

MikeCunn:

chaversdad:

He probably knows you carry NIMBLE. But honestly pulling into a VOSA site is asking to be put through the MILL. There is a STRONG chance of having the RISE taken by a bloke in a HOVIZ. Next time use your LOAF or it could cost you some DOUGH. The other problem is having to WHEAT while they take some BREAD off the bloke in front.

Sorry if this sounds CORNy :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, CRUMBS!

chaversdad:
so how do we stand when you see the signs saying" checkpoint ahead, all goods vehicles must stop" cos i never do :smiley: i,m thinking of the likes of carlisle and stirling, you know the off the road sites where they arent stood there, i,m of the opinion that if they dont wave me in or pull me in then i aint going in!

carlisle is still in the English border so if you look you will see vosa on the slip road from as far down as jun42 m6, in scotland if the lights are flashing and say check point hgv"s to the left you are required to pull in unless other wise directed at stirling you may have the old nick nicks sat on the slip road and come after you and turn you round at stirling serv"s and bring you back as they have done with me on a few occasions :imp: !! on the m74 sth bound you may have the filth on the perch directing you past or in, scotland vostapos dont have the power to stop you , just like it used to be in england a few yrs ago!!!
so in a nut shell you are supposed to pull in if the lights and signs are displaying to do so unless other wise directed not to

Now they will just pull every one of your firms wagons they see…

Silver_Surfer:
Now they will just pull every one of your firms wagons they see…

Or visit the firm or ask the firm to produce records for you and possibly other drivers from the firm!!!

Depending on how bad the hand gestures you could end up reported to the TC.

Aye, best not to upset them unless you truly don’t give a toss.

chaversdad:
so how do we stand when you see the signs saying" checkpoint ahead, all goods vehicles must stop" cos i never do :smiley: i,m thinking of the likes of carlisle and stirling, you know the off the road sites where they arent stood there, i,m of the opinion that if they dont wave me in or pull me in then i aint going in!

My record is 9 flybyes with the signs flashing in 1 day :blush: (stirling)