Vosa road side checks

i do two jobs one in a warehouse and some driving on a agency
if iam stopped my vosa have they got any way of checking this.

kentman119:
i do two jobs one in a warehouse and some driving on a agency
if i am stopped my vosa have they got any way of checking this.

If you get stopped whilst on the p/t agency driving job they will ask you if you work elsewhere
If you say no and they are suspicious then they can check via the DWP if you pay tax

Best to keep legal -
If you drive under EU regs in any week (mon 0000 to sun 2400) then you must make a seperate record for each day during that week that you worked.
This can be done by inputting that info onto a digi tacho OR using a seperate analogue tacho chart for each day worked
The info required for each day worked is your name, date, start & finish times.

This is so that the authorities can see that you have taken the correct rest periods

Any week (mon 0000 to sun 2400) when you did not come under EU regs then no records for the other days needs to be recorded.

P36 of the current issue of drivers hours rules… here

transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/r … Europe.pdf

Exactly as Rog says and the example given seems to fit your circumstances.

Keep as much info as possible with you. See work as a big jigsaw puzzle when ou work on EU rules, you need as many pieces of the puzzle with you as poss to make the big picture, this will avoid any problems at roadside checks.

Hope this helps!

ok you say i have to record the other work i do. in the other job i do
i have no access to a digi tacho OR using a analogue tacho.
so how would i record the other work i do.

kentman119:
ok you say i have to record the other work i do. in the other job i do
i have no access to a digi tacho OR using a analogue tacho.
so how would i record the other work i do.

Buy some tachos to record said other work on, much cheaper to buy them than pay any fines which may come up from getting caught out!!

Places to get analogue tachos -
Truckstops
Any companies that use them may sell you a boxfull
Training schools may sell you a boxfull
I am sure there are more places…

There are generally two types of analogue tachos - depending on the maximum speed of the trucks - most use one sort so ask if anyone has the ‘not used any more’ sort and you may get a few free boxes :bulb:

Dont forget to write what the manual tacho was for, ie WAREHOUSE WORK.

I used to mix garage work with driving. I started a chart at the begining of every day then if I needed to drive all I had to do was fill out the odometer reading and reg number then drive, always had a full set of records and passed with flying colours at roadside checks.

zippy!:
Dont forget to write what the manual tacho was for, ie WAREHOUSE WORK.

Not a legal requirement but may help many questions if stopped

ROG:
Places to get analogue tachos -
Truckstops
Any companies that use them may sell you a boxfull
Training schools may sell you a boxfull
I am sure there are more places…

There are generally two types of analogue tachos - depending on the maximum speed of the trucks - most use one sort so ask if anyone has the ‘not used any more’ sort and you may get a few free boxes :bulb:

You can find them readily available on many online stores just type it into google and something will come up

thanks for all the info.

just one more question would i have two fill out a
tacho for the rest days ?

kentman119:
just one more question would i have two fill out a
tacho for the rest days ?

No
Where no record has been done it is assumed that it is rest but if it was not and VOSA catch the driver then a very big fine will be due

ROG:
This can be done by inputting that info onto a digi tacho OR using a seperate analogue tacho chart for each day worked

Or by writing it on a printout from a digital tachograph

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Or by writing it on a printout from a digital tachograph

This is what I do if the agency give me some non-HGV driving work - It works out cheaper than using analgue charts :smiley: