Vosa related question

right if you get pulled by vosa and they find something wrong it obviously goes against you on their records but what about if all is ok and no problems are found…someone has told me your meant to be given a ■■35 and obviously that goes on your record as good points,this bloke said he asked for this form and the vosa bloke got the arse and basically said get gone before i have another look and find a problem…

should they not be made to automatically give you one of these forms?

as far as i am aware they dont issue them forms now, if you get a clean bill of health then its recorded on there system and adds brownie points too your ocrs score

the problem is when "all is ok " it can get forgotton to get added to their system, but when you have a problem it gets recorded pronto!
the ocrs score can only go on information provided

Asked this question of vosa at a recent seminar. I pointed out that at some stops I received a document and some not and that I felt that the system was being manipulated. If for instance they are only recording the defects found and not the clean stops, statistics will show that for every hundred stops they find x percentage of defects and justify there existence.

Any way the vosa guy said that I was not the first to raise this issue as a concern and that there had been some action taken within vosa to rectify the situation. He went on to say that during a stop you may have your drivers hours records checked and if clean be sent on your way without a document, the system they have for checking driver data records the stop and adjust your ocrs accordingly.
If the wheel tappers tell you the are going to check the vehicle out then good or bad they should provide you with a document at the end of the check, you should not have to ask for this.

It does take a brave man though to tempt fate at the point of being told to get on your way.

I still believe that this system is open to abuse so have decided that if I believe I should have been given a document but it was not offered, I will move on make a written complaint after the event.

My mate had a driver done due to miss-understanding reduced rest. When he spoke to vosa about ocrs, they hadnt recorded 14 stops in last 2 yrs because they didnt find anything. The upshot is that he is now on red and the only way out is to get a clean stop recorded.

I always requested the VOSA OCRS reports monthly (now weekly) and monitored them carefully.

I made sure all drivers recorded all stops so that I knew they had taken place and what the driver thought the result was. I then cross refferenced my data with theirs. Any discrepancies and i would contact VOSA to sort it.

I found a few stops hadn’t been recorded - and got them added, which then helped keep the OCRS score good. With this new weekly system and a proper base score instead of this comparing you with other companies malarkey - it is more important than ever to have all clean encounters recorded.

Life is so much easier if your OCRS is green.