VOSA QUESTION

We all know it is illegal to stop on the hard shoulder (including slip roads at junctions or services), UNLESS broken down or in an emergency…We often see police cars parked on slip road hard shoulders so i assume they have some sort of exemption… We are seeing a lot more instances of VOSA vehicles doing the same (M6 J13 for example)…
Do VOSA have an exemption as well, or are they breaking the law ■■? Just wondered… I throw it open to my fellow truckers. Does anyone know the truth. ■■?

vosa’s motto is ‘do as we say, not as we do’! seriously though, as they work with the police on alot of occasions, I’d imagine they do have some sort of exemtion.

I was parked up early today as the drop won’t accept until tomorrow so I got the polish out to clean the cab. If Vosa had come along while I was busy and asked for my tacho (I was booked off so it was out) had I given them an excuse to “do” me? I’m sure someone will have the answer, I am an O/D so I wasn,t being paid but I was in theory “working” on the vehicle.

You were on your daily rest period and the only stipulation is that you may freely dispose of your time. You wanted to polish something, as you find it relaxing and therapeutic. :wink: So whether you were waxing your carrot or polishing your dash you were freely disposing of your time and were not doing it under anyone’s instruction. :wink:

Coffeeholic:
You were on your daily rest period and the only stipulation is that you may freely dispose of your time. You wanted to polish something, as you find it relaxing and therapeutic. :wink: So whether you were waxing your carrot or polishing your dash you were freely disposing of your time and were not doing it under
anyone’s instruction. :wink:

I like your “Waxing” analogy.

Have they got an exemption to be running around with them ■■■■■■■ fog lights on all the time as well?

kevmac47:

Coffeeholic:
You were on your daily rest period and the only stipulation is that you may freely dispose of your time. You wanted to polish something, as you find it relaxing and therapeutic. :wink: So whether you were waxing your carrot or polishing your dash you were freely disposing of your time and were not doing it under

You were protecting your investment :stuck_out_tongue: But seriously where does working time finish and the Saturday night in the “office” with a large double whisky, an invoice pad and a box of fuel receipts interfere with the WTD or Drivers Hours. I imagine VOSA sneaking up your back passage and spying through the ■■■■■ in the curtains.

The hard shoulder is for emergency use only, so they should not be there. Maybe we should all ring the police to complain about a car illegally parked on the hard shoulder whenever we see them :smiling_imp: .

kevmac47:

Coffeeholic:

© George Carlin.

Coffeeholic:
© George Carlin.

Deceased… He was a bloody legend !!

jimboy124:

Coffeeholic:
© George Carlin.

Deceased… He was a bloody legend !!

Indeed, absolute legend.

BTW, when you called earlier and I said I had to go because I wanted to stick my pear tarts in the oven I was referring to pastry products as oppose to a pair of tarts. Just wanted to clear that up in case you thought I was murdering prostitutes, what with me being a lorry driver and all. :wink:

Wheel Nut:

kevmac47:

Coffeeholic:

You were protecting your investment :stuck_out_tongue: But seriously where does working time finish and the Saturday night in the “office” with a large double whisky, an invoice pad and a box of fuel receipts interfere with the WTD or Drivers Hours. I imagine VOSA sneaking up your back passage and spying through the ■■■■■ in the curtains.

Not keen on the idea of the chinaman and the back passage, the large whisky sounds a good idea though.
My next thought is what if I’d been changing a bulb? Like most responsible O/D’s (this halo is getting very tight) I constantly check my vehicle when I’m not driving it.

kevmac47:
I was parked up early today as the drop won’t accept until tomorrow so I got the polish out to clean the cab. If Vosa had come along while I was busy and asked for my tacho (I was booked off so it was out) had I given them an excuse to “do” me? I’m sure someone will have the answer, I am an O/D so I wasn,t being paid but I was in theory “working” on the vehicle.

Excuse me mr vosser but I just try to kill the spare time is that enough :question: or really I just have to sit in the cab and watch DVD’s because anything may be classified as other work also walking around the truck as they may say you are doing your walk around :smiley: .
Silly regulation IMHO.