vosa prosecutions

anyone know how vosa will deal with my overloading charge will i have to go to court or will they just send a fine and how long will i have to wait

swellbelly:
anyone know how vosa will deal with my overloading charge will i have to go to court or will they just send a fine and how long will i have to wait

What vehicle?
plated weight?
was you over on an axle?

more info is needed, what have they told you so far?

have they sent you any letters, NIP’s?

£1000 a tonne

I believe you were driving a 7.5 tonner and was 26% (1,960 kg) over weight :open_mouth:

I’ve no idea about the consequences but I imagine you should expect that the only Christmas card you get from VOSA will be attached to a summons :open_mouth:

Good luck.

BIG RIG:
£1000 a tonne

Not so cut and dried I am afraid, a tonne on a 7.5 tonner is mega urine extraction where on a 44 tonner will not be treated so seriously as long as the axle weights are reasonable

Best get down to Boots and ask for soap on a rope :open_mouth: :laughing:

swellbelly:

you have a PM mate. :slight_smile:

Vosa cannot impose fines as only a court can actually find you guilty of an offence and pass sentence. If VOSA have formally notified you that they intend to prosecute you (this can be verbally, and would follow a caution) they then have 6 months for the courts to issue the summons.

The severity of the offence depends on the % overload, and whether it’s an axle or gross overload, or both.

In addition to that, a traffic commissioner can also relieve your wallet of cash and you of your licence.

Conor:
In addition to that, a traffic commissioner can also relieve your wallet of cash and you of your licence.

They can revoke your driver or operator licence but as for a fine■■?