VOSA plating/weight certificate

First day back from holiday and notice that while I’ve been away the plating/weight certificate has disappeared/lost/stolen/removed, various drivers have driven the truck while I’ve been away so I’m struggling to find where it’s got to, anyway query is…

Is it still OK to drive without one?
and
What happens if VOSA are unable to see it?

I have made a note on the defect report and will be following up with a visit to the TM’s office this am.
Thanks for your comments as always.
Stu

teatree:
First day back from holiday and notice that while I’ve been away the plating/weight certificate has disappeared/lost/stolen/removed, various drivers have driven the truck while I’ve been away so I’m struggling to find where it’s got to, anyway query is…

and

I have made a note on the defect report and will be following up with a visit to the TM’s office this am.
Stu

think its a £30 fine :question:

Cruise Control:

teatree:

and

Stu

think its a £30 fine :question:

According to the VOSA Sanctions Book it is either dealt with by the following:

ORN (Offence Rectification Notice) or
FUE (Follow Up Enquiry)
No mention of any instant fines for the driver.

I would also make sure that the Fleet Engineer or mechanic and the Nominated Transport Manager was made aware as well as marking it on the defect sheet as you have done.

As Wheel Nut indicates the failing to display the required Plating Certificate is dealt with by an Offence Rectification Notice being issued to the driver to give to the Operator. The Notice gives the Operator 21 days to obtain the required certificate and show to VOSA that it has been fitted to the vehicle, usually a letter on headed paper and a copy of the new ‘plate’ is sufficient.

If the Operator doesn’t comply with the Notice there will be a visit to their Op Centre and a possible trip to Court for the Operator.

As a driver just make sure you’ve reported it and there is some documentation to show that you have done that.

Many thanks for the information, TM wasn’t in today but missing certificate duly noted on the defect report again.
Stu :smiley: