VOSA friend or Foe

We’ve all seen them at the side of the road,some have seen them at the door.
Are they their to help or are they simply there to catch you out.
what’s the view on VOSA,would you worry if stopped.
They appear to be quite helpful and I hear they don’t always issue fines. :?
I hear they try to educate rather than enforce and fine.
Is the hearsay correct when drivers seem to always blame the foreigners when it comes to dodgy vehicles.
There always seems to be a lot of foreign trucks in the vosa stop area.

are you just trying to get your post count higher…

I was pulled off the M4 at Newport last Friday afternoon, the guy that checked my Drivers Card and the truck was a nice person with a good sense humour, also very polite, he found no problems so I suppose he had no reason to be otherwise.

I’ve never been stopped in 15 years, pass them often.
There has been done tales,Old bangers, years ago.
Still never got stopped as had a name on the side.
Oh and I’m not trying anything I had some questions and value opinions.

You do here all sorts of rumours.

away tae bed sonny,you’ve got school in the mornin :unamused:

Ill jump into my britax eclipse then. :smiley:

both, met the good ones and the bad ones but the good ones are starting too get as rare as hens teeth

‘The first test is the’…boring boring boring

as much as they can be a pain in the arse, at the end of the day if you operate your business the right way then generally they will leave you alone. they know who the dodgy operators are and thats why those companies get more attention than others that make the effort to operate legally. having said that ive had a few roadside checks over the years but am pleased to say never had any problems with them.

I have asked them for advice on vehicles in the,past and I WA,out through to a the guys who do vehicle testing.
They were very helpful
If I recollect it was regarding a Douglas Tugg that was joke with regards to roadworthy.
But that’s not mentioning that Hino tipper.