VOSA and Timesheets

I was talking to a mate of mine today who said that he had been pulled into the VOSA check point at Sleaford on the A17. He was asked for last week’s timesheet and if he could not produce it he was looking at a £200 fine. Obviously this had been handed in to the office at the end of last week. He was not allowed to go anywhere until the T/O had faxed a copy to the check site. he was told he should be carrying a copy with him.

I said they are pulling his plums. Are they?

I’ll be in the [zb] then because I don’t fill in time-sheets let alone carry them with me :open_mouth: :laughing:

I think some-ones having a laugh :wink:

Presuming he drives a truck and it is fitted with a tachograph then I don’t think it was so much they were pulling his plums and more to do with the fact your mate has applied for full membership of the Driver’s BS School and was practising for his entrance exam. Be very careful of anything he tells you in the future because things can only get worse from here on in. :wink:

I have heard this bit of crap a couple of times recently and been told by the crappee that - ‘It’s in the regulations’. It’s not. All you have to produce in a check is records covering 29 days, a driver’s digi card if you have been issued with one and any required printouts made on that day and the previous 28 days, that’s it. There was a requirement in the regulations for drivers of some passenger services were recording equipment wasn’t fitted to carry a copy of the duty roster, showing scheduled driving, breaks, work and POA, and a copy of the timetable. I think this is probably the section which is leading to this new bit of nonsense being spouted.

I would say that the only time a timesheet would be required was when the ministry visited the operating centre, if they were investigating something untoward. They have been known to tie up fuel receipts, weighbridge dockets, drivers wage slips and timesheets to the drivers records.

It is a dangerous practice as I know several hauliers who have had spontaneous office fires, or a box or briefcase full of tachograph cards stolen a couple of days before the ministry men come in :laughing:

But timesheets in a roadside check, not on this nellie! :stuck_out_tongue:

Was your mate driving a van (maybe under Domestic Rules)?

marcustandy:
Was your mate driving a van (maybe under Domestic Rules)?

Er, no. It was an artic and I personally agree with all the comments made so far. I haven’t been around the Truck net scene for a while so i was hoping I hadn’t missed any new EU ruling that had come in! It didn’t seem quite right when he was telling me his tale of woes :laughing:

Cheers as ever lads :wink:

Cannot say that I’ve heard of any new rules requiring the production of ‘timesheets’ for a driver who is using a vehicle running under EU drivers’ hours rules - that is what the Tacho is all about.

Of course, if a driver is using a time sheet and there are significant differences between the entries on that and the tachograph charts / data, then that might as Wheel Nut suggested be of ‘interest.’ Que lots of burning trucks and transport offices - shredders make less mess :smiley:

The bit about ‘duty rosters’ for PSV drivers on regular service work with a route length exceeding 50 km no longer applies. It was a very specific derogation that applied to vehicles used on such services that had not been fitted with Tachos. The derogation went out of the window on 31st December 2007 and vehicles that hadn’t had Tachos fitted then had to get them fitted.

The only thing I can think of is that the other driver was actually running on an Individual Control Book (or Log Book) because they were running under Domestic Hours.

But time sheets? Not interested.

Cheers for clearing that one up Geebee, just as i thought. :smiley:

could this be a case that your mate normally works as a shunter and as such tacho records arnt the full picture and he was asked to produce evidence?
just a questioning guess on my part you understand ?

theshed:
could this be a case that your mate normally works as a shunter and as such tacho records arnt the full picture and he was asked to produce evidence?
just a questioning guess on my part you understand ?

No, he is a full time steering wheel attendant. It’s not that timesheets cannot be called into question that I was wondering about. It was his account of being legally obliged to carry God knows how many weeks worth that i was questioning. As we now know none, apart from the current week’s that you’ll probably have with you but without obligation.