vos logistics

ok just letting you know if your thinking of applying it looks like the so call credit crunch etc has finally hitting the european market so dont bother as there asking for redundances, well at jedburgh anyhow but been told it is in europe too,

ive only been there a few months now i feel i shouldnt of bothered, so looks like im on my way out as im relativley last in door, so anyone know of any work similair let me know by pm, much appretiated.

the credit crunch isnt affecting europe, the problem is that britain are not importing as much. i work for one of the biggest dutch trailer operators and we are seeing a major downturn in imports to the uk. Holands largest export market is the uk so its having a knock on effect with the haulage industry. on the upside, the building industry in Holland is booming. we are now in a position in the uk where we have more exports than imports. this has never happened before, and as the market is westbound driven it is causing a major problem. eastbound loads are priced as backloads and the rates are diabolical, but the customers over here have large amounts of loads and they want them all delivered. if this trend continues, it may reverse the market trend and make it eastbound driven, however, if this happens then the credit crunch will only deepen as export rates will have to increase leading to the dutch market drying up.

The EU is 6 months behind the UK, and the UK is 6 months back from the US. 6 months after it starts to pick up in the UK, go hunting for euro jobs.

thanks, feeling bit peeed of at moment, dont really want to work for uk operators as i like to work for dutch etc, think ill move over there lol

yella:
the credit crunch isnt affecting europe, the problem is that britain are not importing as much. i work for one of the biggest dutch trailer operators and we are seeing a major downturn in imports to the uk. Holands largest export market is the uk so its having a knock on effect with the haulage industry. on the upside, the building industry in Holland is booming. we are now in a position in the uk where we have more exports than imports. this has never happened before, and as the market is westbound driven it is causing a major problem. eastbound loads are priced as backloads and the rates are diabolical, but the customers over here have large amounts of loads and they want them all delivered. if this trend continues, it may reverse the market trend and make it eastbound driven, however, if this happens then the credit crunch will only deepen as export rates will have to increase leading to the dutch market drying up.

Very impressive, double that comming from Wales

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i dont actually come from wales, i just live here , ffs, you wouldnt expect a responce like that from a local would you■■?

:unamused: :unamused:

Bloomberg PMI Shows Further Downturn in Euro Retail Sales in September 2008
added: 2008-09-29

Euro-zone retailers cut staffing levels at the fastest pace since November 2004, reporting the sixth successive monthly drop in employment. The seasonally adjusted index weakened from 48.7 in August to 47.9. France saw the steepest rate of job losses, with employment dropping at a survey-record pace during the month. Italy followed, although the rate of job losses eased to a seven-month low. German retail employment fell at the strongest rate in ten months, though the decline was the weakest of the three countries covered.

It’s NOT just us.