Volvo

Yesterday I got given to drive, for the next couple of months, a 9 year old Volvo VT 880 with the Volvo 600hp lump in it and 1/2 a million K’s on the clock.
What a brilliant truck, pure class and quality materials used to build it.
It’s without a doubt the best truck I have ever driven in 30 yrs driving, the comfort is next to none.
Not a rattle or creak anywhere in the cab a total contrast to my usual 1 year old Freightshaker Cascadia I’ve had from new.
Today for the first time since I don’t know when, I was looking forward to going to work instead of just going through the motions to pay the bills.
A very happy late middle aged man.

We got a couple of new ones and gotta admit I do like the look of em

taffytrucker:

As opposed to the normal garden sheds your company have Taffy, anything is better :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hi pat must say same .ive just done a rome with hanging lambs in a r620 v8 scania wot a diffrence to n/american crap . lovely truck but crap job cant have it all i geuss. i be by towcester today i give it a wave 4 ya :smiley:

Pat Hasler:

taffytrucker:

As opposed to the normal garden sheds your company have Taffy, anything is better :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rather my shed then your wheelbarrow Pat lol.

Ours volvos have got the bench seat with the table that converts into the spare bunk. Not the big penthouse cabs but still loads of room in them

taffytrucker:

Pat Hasler:

taffytrucker:

Rather my shed then your wheelbarrow Pat lol.

Ours volvos have got the bench seat with the table that converts into the spare bunk. Not the big penthouse cabs but still loads of room in them

This one is the big cab with what looks like the bunk/table conversion but not sure 'cause I haven’t been back behind the seats yet, haha, only on local work.

Saw this in Great Falls MT tonight.

I reckon I saw that near Aldersyde heading Lethbridge way awhile back.
Is it a raceteam or something ?
Think I asked about it on a thread.
Bet there’s no 82 kph speed limiter on it.

It comes from Edmonton some sort of exhibition trailer. No limiter and still manages just over 8mpg lol. Driver was saying they got a DAF and a Merc on the way over sometime. He was laughing as he he told me about being pulled by the DOT and they tried to tell him he had one brake drum worn out and another one cracked!!!