Volvo TV

I’ve got a new Volvo FH coming, ordered it with the TV prep kit so you can mount a flat screen on the cab wall above the drivers door. All the wiring and mounts are there, but it doesn’t come with a TV. Anyone know what size TV fits there and where you can get them from? (other than Volvo)

Thanks

Hi Coiler,
I have a 12 plate FH GTXL cab which had this kit fitted above the passenger door, but previous owner had removed the tv.
I’ve bought an Alba 21" flat screen tv/dvd+ freeview from flee bay (also available at Argos) about £125 , and bought a decent quality swivel bracket, that way when its all assembled it folds away flat against the cab wall when not in use. There was also a DTV antenna already fitted to the cab which has been pretty good for reception, and I put a cigar lighter socket onto the wiring which then makes life easy for connecting the tv or anything else that’s 12v.
A 21" screen is about as big as you can get away with in the FH version 2 with the top bunk folded up, don’t know about the latest model (my budget wouldn’t stretch that far :laughing:). Hth.
Mike.

Max size is 19 inch for the new FH, as per my attachment :smiley:

The previous post i think is on about the old shape fh,as on the new one the mount is above the drivers seat-so as your not watching it whilst driving,i had a 19" polaroid one from asda for about £99 and it worked well,my mate put a 22" up and it was just too big.

I just got a 15 plate one. Are these are wired in. How can I get one sorted for mine

Do you know the cost

You will need a booster, and still you won’t guarantee a decent reception. The version 3 ones were faultless. However, these ones require voltage back up the aerial. Volvo will sell you the correct TV for £700 :open_mouth:

pickandmix:
I just got a 15 plate one. Are these are wired in. How can I get one sorted for mine

I did sort it in the end. I ordered the truck with the factory to fitting kit, and everything came with it other than the tv.

I bought the tv through volvo (road crew actually) it’s a cello 19" with dvd. The volvo kit comes with bracket so it’s a bit like belt and braces to stop it falling off. The antenna just looks like a standard radio aerial, but it picks up all the cancels no problem.

To buy and fit the tv on pdi cost about £300. The driver loves it.

Not sure if you can retro fit them the same, would be expensive I would imagine.

Have Volvo improved the interior fit and finish on the new Volvo FH V4 yet ? Looked in a 14 plate the other day more Iveco than Volvo and I’m a Volvo fan. :open_mouth:

Looks and drives fine to me, initial impressions are that build quality is as good as the version 3’s. Other than the drivers window thing. I’ve not been in a iveco for some years

I’ve heard through the grape vine there is a fix coming for the drivers window thing, something to do with altering the angle of the runners/motor assembly in the door. Volvo know about it and if i see a recall notice or TSB appear for it ill try and remember to post it here.

I did speak to the supervisor at my volvo dealer today who was sure there is a fix for the window problem to do with adjusting the regulator position. Am getting mine done next time it’s in for inspection.

Have to disagree about the build quality of the fh4. I’ve had mine for 6 months and it’s not a patch on a version 3. Too many bits of flimsy trim, easily moved by hand. Loads of rattles and squeaks. Just a posh Renault really. Horrible interior imho. Not very well received by our drivers, and we’ve got 35 of them. But, tbh, with the cost of meeting emissions regulations, the build quality suffers to remain competitive. That’s why every fh has not been as good as it’s predecessor, apart from the engines and I shift.