Volvo Truck Sales Down 99.7%!

No, that was not a typo :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

The depth of the recession was revealed today as truckmaker Volvo admitted demand across the Continent has crashed by 99.7% as it took orders for just 115 new lorries in the last three months.

That compares to orders totalling 41,970 in the third quarter of 2007. Global orders for Volvo slumped 55% in the last three months while Scania, of which Volvo has majority control, said its western Europe truck orders collapsed by 69%.

Source, thisismoney.co.uk/investing- … _page_id=3

that is a incredible figure poor volvo i really like their units aswell - im due a new unit late next year but it’s gonna be another rubbish axor :angry:

Well i hope the smug gits (salesmen) that i saw last year are still trying to be as smug now.
I only wanted 2 brand new units.
They’d want my business now, wouldn’t they.

merc0447:
but it’s gonna be another rubbish axor :angry:

I’d leave. :laughing:

I think I’ll be driving a UB40 by Christmas!

Its a fair whack going from 42k orders to 115 orders, almost unbelievable

poor volvo hada globetrotter from new wind got about i was after a new truck salesman phoned me he straight away tryed to rob and rip me off offered me 10K daf offer me 15k same truck. new lorry 88k rang around a few freinds and found out they offered same year trucks 10k more trade in SOD YOU VOLVO

Volvo are pleading with us to buy one, and we are the skintest company in Kent.

Perhaps they might start selling thier trucks at the same price in this country as they do everywhere else!!! Some how I think Not!!!

24 October 2008

Just weeks after announcing that it was cutting production in Europe, Volvo Trucks has revealed that sales for the division grew by 2% worldwide in the third quarter of this year. In the three months to 30 September, sales reached SEK46bn (£3.7bn). Sales in Europe also rose by 2%, but the North American market dropped by 10%.

Roanna Avison
Email at roanna.avison@rbi.co.uk
Powered by Commercial Motor

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

look on the bright side - lead times are down to 10-12 weeks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This time next year they won’t be able to give them away.

ours have just sent back loads of 06/o7/57/08 volvos[ can see loads of the orange and white things in c.m] and replaced them with 08/58 scanias.
was told because volvo ALLEGEDLY :wink: wanted to much to carry on leasing them.
strange as i always thought scanias were the dearest trucks

ady1:
ours have just sent back loads of 06/o7/57/08 volvos[ can see loads of the orange and white things in c.m] and replaced them with 08/58 scanias.
was told because volvo ALLEGEDLY :wink: wanted to much to carry on leasing them.
strange as i always thought scanias were the dearest trucks

Because of this I’m still waiting for my new Scania that is now 3 weeks late :exclamation:

Ruddy Stobart :imp:

Dunno whether it’s to do with prices or what, but Owens Llanelli seem to have ditched Volvos in a big way; seen a lot of new DAF’s (since they outbase a lot maybe DAFMAD could try them?) and they bought a load of Scanias from Macfarlanes liquidators. Saw a 58 plate MAN in their colours last week too.

When I was there a few years ago it was Volvo or nothing.

if your gonna buy a volvo by a nearly new one from hanbury riverside. i like volvos but id never buy a new one

Carl:
if your gonna buy a volvo by a nearly new one from hanbury riverside. i like volvos but id never buy a new one

id go for a 08 ex innovate one , some of them had hardly turned a wheel, a real shame eddie and volvo whoever dealt with them couldnt cut a deal.
a real step up in class from the scanias weve got now, didnt think id ever say that

Denis F:
look on the bright side - lead times are down to 10-12 weeks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If it’s correct that Volvo sold 115 trucks in 3 months, why does it take 10 - 12 weeks to get one? What do they do all day long?

Tiger.

Fastrantiger:

Denis F:

If it’s correct that Volvo sold 115 trucks in 3 months, why does it take 10 - 12 weeks to get one? What do they do all day long?

Tiger.

i worked in engineering for years and soon as there was a sniff of layoffs, o/time being cut , productivity nosedived

gnasty gnome:
Dunno whether it’s to do with prices or what, but Owens Llanelli seem to have ditched Volvos in a big way; seen a lot of new DAF’s (since they outbase a lot maybe DAFMAD could try them?) and they bought a load of Scanias from Macfarlanes liquidators. Saw a 58 plate MAN in their colours last week too.

When I was there a few years ago it was Volvo or nothing.

:open_mouth: Interesting. I wondered why as I have seen the DAF’s too.

I have heard Volvo has poor customer service.

(since they outbase a lot maybe DAFMAD could try them?)

Tell me more. :sunglasses: :laughing: