Volvo or premium

Snarley:
Actros 9.1 mpg
Renault 8.2
Yes the hump is annoying, once you have had an Actros where you can stand up to get changed like a normal human being, you would never go back.
If the choice is french or swedish, I like Abba.

Them mpg figures are the other way round at our place, the renaults are far better than the merc actros on mpg…I drive an actros with the flat floor and defo wouldn’t get on with a premium after getting used to all the room of an actros, the TM at our place has to near enough fight with the premium drivers to get them to do a night out, moaning about lack of room etc etc, funny really, as when they turned up, the drivers couldnt wait to dump the actros SSC to jump in the premium :laughing:

A vote for the premium here. Had one from new a while ago, good truck and a fantastic auto box and engine. The premium is basically an fm with a different cab on.

mb14:

truckertang:

dessy:
The FH! No contest! :wink:

+1. :smiley:

+2 no contest

+3

I’ve just had a week away in a 61 plate 460 premium and didn’t have any problem with a hump stopping me getting around the cab,the storage space is ample if ya don’t carry that much crap around,it was a gem to drive comfy,auto box spot on and enough power fully freighted from standing start,I’ve drove a lot of volvos and like them but tbh I find the newer premiums a lot better than the older version ill be back on nxt week :frowning: can’t fault its car like driving qualities,and the radio in the dash just at side of indicator stalk where else would u want it■■? Renault finally getting it right imo great motor.

Volvofh16:
I’ve just had a week away in a 61 plate 460 premium and didn’t have any problem with a hump stopping me getting around the cab,the storage space is ample if ya don’t carry that much crap around,it was a gem to drive comfy,auto box spot on and enough power fully freighted from standing start,I’ve drove a lot of volvos and like them but tbh I find the newer premiums a lot better than the older version ill be back on nxt week :frowning: can’t fault its car like driving qualities,and the radio in the dash just at side of indicator stalk where else would u want it■■? Renault finally getting it right imo great motor.

Take it you’ve not driven a big motor with a flat floor?

volvofh16, drove for simon gibson’s for a while, iirc he was on a magnum at one point…

Well I’ve got the premium for the day tomorrow, I’m picking it up in the morning, then got a run from Leeds to tadcaster. Then on to seaforth docks at liverpool and back to Barnsley. Then its decision time, as to with motor I put my gear in. Never had a new arctic before, but I have had a premium and a Volvo before.
The premium was a59 plate the Volvo a 56 plate.
Think I’m going to have the Volvo. Gaffers has just fitted a euro bar on it aswell…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The auto box on the Renault is nice…it’s still a cheap and nasty French truck but, I still quite like it…flat floors are OK but you get used to whatever you end up with.

Electrics on the Renault are a bit dodgy - but you learn to live with that as well…

On balance I’d go for the newer truck - but it’s a close one…Now if it was a new Volvo that’d be different… :wink:

Truckulent:
.Now if it was a new Volvo that’d be different… :wink:

If it was a new Volvo I don’t think I’d be asking the question.

spectron:

Truckulent:

are you still on for paul :question: :question: :question:

dowahdiddyman:
A vote for the premium here. Had one from new a while ago, good truck and a fantastic auto box and engine. The premium is basically an fm with a different cab on.

I’ll vote for the Premium too :wink: I’ve got the choice of a Premium and a FH too , much more room and storage in the Premium , gear changes are quicker in the Renault too !
(maybe that’s because the Renault is an 09 and the Volvo an 04 :wink: oh, and the FH is a flat roof version :wink: )

Ps,to those of you saying there’s no storage in a Premium, have you tried lifting the bunk up ? :grimacing:

jessicas dad:

spectron:

Truckulent:

are you still on for paul :question: :question: :question:

Yes he’s moving up in the world LoL. 2 new premiums coming in morning.

Picked up premium this morning, even harder choice now I’ve drove it.

spectron:
Picked up premium this morning, even harder choice now I’ve drove it.

Must be mad go for the volvo everytime

I work at a Renault dealers and I’d go for the Volvo :wink:
The Premium is a pile of junk,come to think of it so is the Magnum.

+1^^^^ If renault premiums are/were that great then why is one of the largest operators of them (ND) moving more towards XFs…?