Volvo night heater

Hello fellow drivers. Was wondering if anyone could help me with my night heater in my FH Volvo, it’s turning on and trying to kick in, but after 5 mins it dies and there is no hot air!!! If it helps it’s a webosat. :question:

Check the intake vent isn’t blocked with a bit of paper or the usual fluff n pubic hair lol located right hand side bottom of passenger seat

Ta, the whole unit is in a sealed wooden box? Any ideas? And which is the inlet vent.

It’s on the side next to the centre drawers.

Mine did this last year, as has been said it will be the intake blocked. Its down the side of the passenger seat, a small round grill, like a small tumble dryer vent!!.

440Mopar:
Mine did this last year, as has been said it will be the intake blocked. Its down the side of the passenger seat, a small round grill, like a small tumble dryer vent!!.

+1

It starts up n then shuts down because it’s overheating.
Cleaning fluff n ■■■■■ out of the vent is your easiest and most likely fix. There’s a pipe goes from the intake grill to your heater, make sure that hasn’t been squashed flat as well (if it’s inside that box, forget this bit).
Check the burner air intake and exhaust if it turns out not to be its heater intake.
After that it’s a pay someone to fix it job.

Forrestgrump:
Hello fellow drivers. Was wondering if anyone could help me with my night heater in my FH Volvo, it’s turning on and trying to kick in, but after 5 mins it dies and there is no hot air!!! If it helps it’s a webosat. :question:

FUEL PUMP!

Silver_Surfer:

Forrestgrump:

FUEL PUMP!

You can usually hear your heater fuel pump ticking away.
If you can’t hear it on start-up, that’s a good indicator :slight_smile:

Make sure the heater outlet is pointing upwards sounds silly but i had the same problem many times with different volvos, i quess if it points down the air circulates through the intake and detects its warm, failing that mite be a problem getting the fuel to it airlock or something

Simon:

Silver_Surfer:

Forrestgrump:

FUEL PUMP!

You can usually hear your heater fuel pump ticking away.
If you can’t hear it on start-up, that’s a good indicator :slight_smile:

I didn’t know that & hence took the night heater out (right faff) & took it to a webasto dealer who charged me £50 to tell me there was nothing wrong with it! Cheers.

Yeh, I been messing with it today and nothing seems blocked, I can’t hear the ticking noise you usually can, wagon was in a right state when I took it over, some people have no standards! Maybe fuel pimp!
Lol fuel pimp! The man with the flexible hose!

So with my powers of deduction the fuel pimp isn’t actually part of the heater itself, it’s secreted somewhere else, would I be right?

Here is Mr Bostram to express his delight at the use of the term
fuel pimp.

Badum tish! :slight_smile:

The fuel pump is mounted in the chassis, on the drivers side. Roughly in line with the rear of the gearbox.