Volvo light weight truck: L420 Snabbe / L430 Trygge

[zb]
anorak:

Carryfast:
…With a few exceptions like the Buick/Rover,small capacity V8’s are a waste of time and development money…

Remarkable assertion, given the evidence: All the German multinationals, plus JLR, use small V8s for their big cars. If fuel was as plentiful as it was after the war, 7.5 tonne trucks would have them, for the weight saving. The fact that they would be snabbe would be a bonus.

Just to be clear I was specifically referring to NA engines not forced induction.In which it’s clear that the Volvo B30 and arguably the Vauxhall/Bedford 6 was superior to the B36 which is why the 164 car wasn’t a 184.Also probably why the Rolls B81 straight 8 was superior to the B36 too.While yes forced induction is a game changer which creates numerous possibilities including the fact that a spark ignition version of current diesel types can be more or less as fuel efficient.However again when comparing like with like there is a point where small can be too small.Hence the Rover V8 starting out at 3.5 litre and ending up at 4.6 and the forced induction Jag V8 starting at 4 litre and going to 5 litre.

ERF-Continental:
Again some nice examples from several users as well as some dashboard pictures

That one at the Esso station could posibly be my dads. He had one like that on the Esso work. Good work on this thread :smiley:

Danne

That’s quite a coincidence Danne…the picture is from Uppsala on the Bangärdsgatan.

Amazing how much can be found in the cloud…a real variety of chassis with even a tipper and
an aviation elevator for providing aircrafts. But I don’t find genuine vans, but that might be a minority
anyway in Scandic countries?

Again some pictures and technical stuff.

Volvo-L420-Snabbe-1962.jpg

Volvo-F83S-3.jpg

Euh…and the technical stuff

ERF-Continental:
That’s quite a coincidence Danne…the picture is from Uppsala on the Bangärdsgatan.

Hmm maby not then,he was based in Sundsvall 300km North of Uppsala. But still he drog one on Esso work :slight_smile:
But i used to live in Uppsala and just a block from were that pic was takend.

Danne

Just restored in Netherlands, one more recent F 83S.

What a find Michel! And that in Holland, where this Volvo was not quite common.

Considering the surroundings of the professionally preserved Volvo, I guess the middle
of Holland, in the vegetables- and fruit-scene.

Mind the typical Dutch sun visor

Thank you for inputting this gem

Again some pictures and WHAT a variety of the light weight range when it comes to branches used in.

Volvo-F83-Ica.jpg

Volvo-F83-3400WB-Y.jpg

Volvo-F83-3400WB-X.jpg

Volvo-F83-2.jpg

Volvo-F83-1.jpg

Volvo-F82-F83-Total Range.jpg

Perhaps no mystery at all but is the chassis awaiting a trailer-coupling or a body?

It is not the same chassis as on the sales brochure inputted here in the beginning.

Volvo-F82-Mystery.jpg

Again some nice pictures and I am amazed about the documentation published!

Volvo-SB-L430-Trygge-1957.jpg

Volvo-F83S-1.jpg

Volvo-L435-Trygge.jpg

Volvo-L420-Snabbe-1959-Mobile shop.jpg

For sale on ebay…quite rare and nicely priced

Some in-house-made grey cabs for the Snabbe/Trygge on the right and above part of the picture.

Copyright: Volvo 75 years 1927-2002 book frontcover

A fleet of them.

Nice brewery-fleet!

Found an unusual tipper on the job in Germany with a Meiller-tipper.

Something for the topic “Lade-Aufbauten und Fahrerhäuser”

Volvo-Meiller-1960.jpg

As a small bus this Snabbe L 420 ?

A friend of mine search a front windscreen for his Volvo L 430 “Trygge”, someone has perhaps a track ,thanks ?

michel:
A friend of mine search a front windscreen for his Volvo L 430 “Trygge”, someone has perhaps a track ,thanks ?

I posted a video of a Norwegian derelict on the Graveyard thread. He might be able to buy the whole vehicle! :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=vakAvcLOCPc, 9 minutes in.

Thanks, but have you the address, please ?

michel:
Thanks, but have you the address, please ?

I asked the YT poster. It would be great if the small Volvo could be saved for the future.