Volvo globetrotter extended cab

this is the new volvo xxl globetrotter built for the australian market its not quite a longline but my mate dan from oz who put the pic on another forum says its got a big bed in it and id say all the xl spec.wonder if theyll sell any in europe

Very nice. Had to look twice to see any difference thou :laughing:

it is a very subtle job aint it theyve done it really well and it is genuine volvo so fingers crossed we get em over here

Yep very nice …do you have more pic’s ■■?

hey martin try this link

just scoll down and youll see the link to the press release for the extended cab

Carl:
hey martin try this link
Welcome to Volvo Trucks
just scoll down and youll see the link to the press release for the extended cab

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Hey up, :smiling_imp:

:smiley: Just in case its not immediately obvious - the difference. It seems to me to have been stretched between the red lines here. On the normal FH there is no gap from the door to the side flap.

Now that’s what you call a lowride :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:confused: A lot of fuss about not very much…I mean it’s not exactly a Longline is it.

Tramper:
:? A lot of fuss about not very much…I mean it’s not exactly a Longline is it.

I doubt the UK or EU will see it anyhow.

DAFMAD:

You may be right but Volvo do need to have a rethink on how to give more driver / living space in the FH. The sloping windscreen may be good for aerodynamics but compared to a super space or the MAN XXL the globetrotter XL does not cut the mustard anymore although its beautifully finished inside it needs the cab to be deeper the same goes for Scanias R series needs a bigger bed area.

I actually got to sit in the cab with out the chassis and wheels at a truck show about 6 months ago very nice in side. sorry no pics though to busy looking at all the equipment displayed. 7 hours went in a flash we didn’t even think to have lunch till the guys from mercedes said do you want a free lunch :smiley: the show was called trucks in action it is so big they only hold it once every 2 years
meggala

R143-500:

DAFMAD:

You may be right but Volvo do need to have a rethink on how to give more driver / living space in the FH. The sloping windscreen may be good for aerodynamics but compared to a super space or the MAN XXL the globetrotter XL does not cut the mustard anymore although its beautifully finished inside it needs the cab to be deeper the same goes for Scanias R series needs a bigger bed area.

Agreed no problemo. :wink:

that looks bloody shiney, dont fancy polishing that too much!!!

Read more here.

volvo.com/trucks/australia-m … XL+cab.htm

Looks good to me when is mine coming?.

What is it for Volvo to make a REALLY bigger cab, they have the expertise already… Moreover in Australia where it seams there are no limitations on length. Just take the FH chassis, add the VN cab… Blows my mind

BLOWS MY MIND :exclamation: :bulb: :exclamation: :astonished:

…XXLnews :wink:

it’s comming to Norway… since the total lenght has been changed in Norway, Volvo has decided to deliver the XXL cabin in Norway too.

The trucks will be produced in Umeå Sweden in week 11 2009, and 30 trucks will be delivered in Norway as FH16 tractor units only.It´s such a good news that I wanted too share it with you Volvo fans! :stuck_out_tongue:

DAFMAD:
:smiley: Just in case its not immediately obvious - the difference. It seems to me to have been stretched between the red lines here. On the normal FH there is no gap from the door to the side flap.

6-8 INCHES! You just know a woman had a hand in it somewhere! :laughing: :laughing:

They need to be sold in the US…no worries on length here either :frowning: