Volvo FM brake lights not working

Hi chaps, I’ve a fault on my 2005 volvo fm tipper, the brake lights aren’t working at the pedal but are coming on with the engine brake, also when this fault occurs the cruise control wont work either? It’s an unusual one and I’ve checked all the obvious fixes but no joy. Is there something else I could check? My local dealer is a thieving ■■■■■■ and its a last resort to go to them!
Thanks in advance
John

im sure there was a thread in the owner drivers area on this topic.

Brake light switch/wiring at the peddle. Cruise won’t work without a signal from peddle to cancel it.

Knock the iscolator switch off for a few minutes [make sure u know the radio code first]works wonders with owt electrical on a volvo,or try the relays in the dash just incase they havent got any coffee or any type of liquid on them :neutral_face:

Thanks lads I’ll give that a go! Can’t find a relay for them? The switch at the pedal is €325 :open_mouth: volvos are gone nuts with their prices!

seth 70:
Knock the iscolator switch off for a few minutes [make sure u know the radio code first]works wonders with owt electrical on a volvo,or try the relays in the dash just incase they havent got any coffee or any type of liquid on them :neutral_face:

do they work better if covered in coffee then :smiley:

billybigrig:
Brake light switch/wiring at the peddle. Cruise won’t work without a signal from peddle to cancel it.

Spot on I’d say

worth finding if one of the fitters does private work :wink:

They must be getting paid too much as none of them want do do any nixers at all :smiley: