Volvo FM Air Horn Not Working

Hi Guys,

Just a quick Q, my Volvo cab has 2 horns the quiet one and the air horn, the air horn has stopped working. I have been told 2 different things one that because it still has a working horn it is legal but another person has told me because it is fitted it has to work. Any ideas which is correct?

Thnx Sparks.

you could have 37 horns fitted, as long as one of them works you will pass a test or vosa roadside inspection!

I agree with the post above, you’re required to have a working horn that’s all, if one works and another doesn’t it’s OK.

If the working horn is seriously quiet I’d still try to get the air horn working though.

Got the same thing. It’s legal - but a bloody embarrassing little horn! I’m ashamed to blow it :blush:

The Sarge:
Got the same thing. It’s legal - but a bloody embarrassing little horn! I’m ashamed to blow it :blush:

We got 2 on ours I call them a girlie horn and a man horn and it’s always on the man setting.

Yup, it’s my “HP Sauce Man” horn that is US :blush: I’d rather drive into someone than blow the bloody thing :smiling_imp:

Lol yeah that’s what i thought, thing is unless it’s a legal requirement i got no chance of getting the spanner monkey to even look at it. Just get a grunt off him at the best of times, he has a serious attitude problem lol.

Cheers.