Volvo fm 460 suspension fault

I have recently started to have problems with my lift axle, when loaded the axle doesn’t seem to be coming down properly and it is leaving my drive axle 2 to 3 tonnes overweight no matter how it is loaded, I have taken it to my garage that I use all the time and they don’t seem to be able to figure it out,I have also asked my local volvo garage but they haven’t got back to me. Has anyone else had this problem?

Have they established things like lifting airbag is deflating correctly or suspension bags not inflating correctly before moving on to sensors? Presume the drive does not appear to be excessively raised to the point it’s taking weight off the mid-lift?

It might be possible as a temp fix to stay legal to mess about with the plumbing so the mid lift is down all the time and the suspension bags are manually inflated to a reasonable pressure and sealed with a valve to stay legal. The air leaks out over quite a short time though usually so will need sorting properly.

Had a similar problem but not on a Volvo.Traction switch was buggerd so was feeding lift axle suspension bags low pressure all the time to give drive axle a bit more bite. Replaced switch and pressure evened out.

gritton716:
I have recently started to have problems with my lift axle, when loaded the axle doesn’t seem to be coming down properly and it is leaving my drive axle 2 to 3 tonnes overweight no matter how it is loaded, I have taken it to my garage that I use all the time and they don’t seem to be able to figure it out,I have also asked my local volvo garage but they haven’t got back to me. Has anyone else had this problem?[/qu

recently took A 56PLTE 440FM for test, during test prep when we hooked a loaded trailer onto it to check the laden brake pressures I noticed the midlift lifting bags seemed v hard hooked some gauges on and the midlift main bags only had 2bar in (test port top of bag) anyway took it for test loaded (no time to sort) and the brake rollers showed only 1t weight on mid lift axle any how it passed spoke to Volvo dealer who told me to check the wiring splice from the bag sensor mid chassis o/s behold the green death,repaired gauges straight up to 5bar loaded n sorted