volvo fl10s.....

This ole girl is still working hard-it’s a great truck for driver training :smiley:

had the fl7 and fl10s,comfier than my current axor,but no room trampin in em!as a fresh faced driver,i longed for an f10 or 12…then gazed longingly at the fh!

The comapny I work for still operate 2 FL10`s. Right old dinosaurs, but better than a modern day Scania for driving… :wink:
I will get some piccies and post them here, they still make a living for themselves… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll16/tbrx55/003-2.jpg[/IMG]

TREVOR BISHOP:

[/quote]

theres a rave from the grave! i remember seeing them down at felixstowe all the time when i used to work in an office there, always thought they looked well presented and smart

overtook this dutch fl10 by the dutch/belgium border last year. looked like it had just come out of the showroom!..pete

had one at my last job it was had to move kit of the bed to sleep and then put it back on to drive again. i got a fh after a month

( language edit ) jd

Seen this at work in Southern Ireland a couple of year back

was still working last summer…not sure now though.

Here’s one an ex employer had with a roof conversion ,not sure who done this conversion.

I know a lot of people ridiculed the FL 10 and i must admit,i’ve never slept in one,but i think they were lovely,comfortable motors to drive.
Much better than the F 10 IMO.
I worked for FerryFast in the mid 90’s (Cornwall depot) taking produce and flowers from Penzance to Evesham and fruit home.
Getting out of Cornwall,before the dual carriageways,was hard on a lorry but the FL 10’s fared well.
Better than the 1633 Mercs.

that irish one is a bit of a beast!!

i saw this one in ukraine last year, not a great pic sadly…

Nowt wrong with these!

My weekend occupation: driving pigeons in this one

very comfortable: air suspension on front and rear axle, enough room to sleep one or two nights, good ride on the flat but when he sees a hill over there in France…

Blimey, that T-reg was a late one, FM’s were about by S-plates weren’t they?

Alright.It’s time to own up.I had an FL7 for about a month at Goodways.There,I’ve said it! I’m not embarrassed.(yes you are) but it’s all in the past.
Never had any nights out in it as I refused to,so just day work.Goodways had dozens of the things,and FL10’s too.
Yes it was a comfortable motor to drive,but you had to be careful to keep the windows closed when you stopped,or you may get a dog cocking it’s leg through the window,very nasty that.
And every driver that had one had the regulation bit of 2x2 under the bed,to stop them sliding out.
Dave May had a Morline FL10,and he loved it.Sad.

I got home from China last week. It seems this is where all of the old “great” western truck designs go to retire. Does this look familiar to anyone ?