Volvo FL - Installing an air hose supply?

Hi all,

Been a while since I was on here. Long story short, I’m overseas now on a tiny island. We imported a UK model fire appliance for the local service that I work for. Trying to install an air hose for tools and such.

Can anyone advise on adding an air supply line on a Volvo FL? I believe the air manifold is on the passenger’s side.

stagedriver:
Hi all,

Been a while since I was on here. Long story short, I’m overseas now on a tiny island. We imported a UK model fire appliance for the local service that I work for. Trying to install an air hose for tools and such.

Can anyone advise on adding an air supply line on a Volvo FL? I believe the air manifold is on the passenger’s side.

It depends on what PSI you require, On my old F12 some airlines were plastic, and you also have to worry about freezing in winter! The easiest and cheapest way is to use a separate compressor with its own air tank, either mounted on the vehicle or trailer borne. look on Craig’slist for a good used one. And if you want new I am sure Halfords will have one…

what sort of air quantity and pressure are you looking for? Presumably only used when the veh is parked, as it may not provide enough air for brakes and the accessories you’re after. The veh max pressure may not be enough for your needs

Hmm true. I own an old 1980’s Scania and it has air chucks located around the vehicle for the same purpose.

I know most tools we have take around 4 SCFM at 90 PSI. Not sure what the truck is able to kick out.

No need to worry about winter - we don’t get one. Temperature never drops below mid 20’s!