Volvo FH4 webasto heeter proplem

Hi

I have a 2015 Volvo FH 500 Dual cluch that has an cap and engine heeter it works if i put it on manual but when i try to set the timer it dos not start… I getting tierd of geting in to a cold cap have you had this proplem ■■?

Best Regards from Iceland

Erling Valur

Check to see if the truck is ADR-certified, many new trucks are. In that case the timer for the heater is disabled from the factory.

it is nor ADR I have the timer in the dashbord but it dos not work :confused:

It may not come on because of the temp you set it for.The sensor may be thinking the cab is ok so wont start the heater just what i think could be totally wrong.

In that case it is a question for the people at Volvo. It might take them some time though, my last experience with a non-functioning night heater in a 2015 Volvo FH540 was five (5) trips to the workshop where they replaced individual parts countless times, the whole heater unit twice until discovering a broken sensor cable. All under warranty but it was still terribly annoying.

Well I have been going to Volvo dealer for 13 moths now regarding this problem and I am running out of patience. I was “hoping” that I wasent the only one that has this problem with my heater…

This is a software issue requiring an update, if you have the air to air type WITHOUT I Cool.
If you have I Cool then update doesn’t work and you will need an additional timer unit fitted by Volvo.
What do you think about the normal heater automatic temperature control? Mine is useless/ erratic.