Volvo fh4 top bunk

Anyone on here offer some advice on top bunk please?

They slide up and down a channel on the back wall, but my one won’t stay put in the upper position/top of the slider, it takes forever and a day getting it to lock in.
I always leave it on the highest position and bed stowed away when getting some sleep and numerous times the thing has dropped in the night and scared the living beejaisus out of me.

Don’t know if I’ve got dodgy sliders or brackets on it, or are they only designed to be used in the lower position, if so what’s the point of having a sliding mech on the rear wall.

Any insight is greatly received!

Common problem. All ours have had the same problem. Thankfully our boss stopped speccing them last year. I haven’t got a problem now

Thanks jay, glad to know it’s not just mine.
I’m thinking about drilling through the internal part of the slider and putting a bolt and nut in, and keeping it in the upper position.

My top bunk also slides back down. Got used to it now.

Same problem in mine . No matter what I tried it would not stay in the top position .If your unlucky enough to have the smaller lockers on the back wall you can fold the top bunk right up and try to forget about it .

Mine only drops when I lower it only a 2 second job to lift it back up

if you dont need it, take it out, or use bungees they are very useful for me as extra storage…tv, Satellite dish, holdall etc etc…