Volvo FH16 Turbo Boost

HI All,
I have a 2016 FH16 which seems to be lacking power.
Volvo just changed the VEB rockers & Solenoids trying to fix it which cost me $10k but made no difference.
Ive noticed under load on a hill the turbo doesnt boost fully, see attached photo.
It does fully boost when on flat ground but not up a steep hill.

Anyone had this before?

Cheers,
Nick

bowers340:
HI All,
I have a 2016 FH16 which seems to be lacking power.
Volvo just changed the VEB rockers & Solenoids trying to fix it which cost me $10k but made no difference.
Ive noticed under load on a hill the turbo doesnt boost fully, see attached photo.
It does fully boost when on flat ground but not up a steep hill.

Anyone had this before?

Cheers,
Nick

Cc set at 100k’s and doing 95 uphill and moaning, you don’t know how good you’ve got it mine don’t do that on the flat.

Does it whistle under load could be a turbo pipe with a hairline crack or a loose banjo bolt

Looking at that picture, 96, going uphill at 1700rpm, it’s not working that hard…

Change all the filters, fuel+air, clean out stack-pipe(one in tank) and ensure good clean fuel.

Hi,
It was only grossing 35ton and i was getting passed by B Doubles up the hills.
By “Stack Pipe in tank” do you mean exhaust stack? I did at one stage have birds in there but i assumed they would have come out or burnt up by now. Maybe not.
Volvo did do a back pressure test and it passed.
Ive done all the filters.

bowers340:
Hi,
It was only grossing 35ton and i was getting passed by B Doubles up the hills.
By “Stack Pipe in tank” do you mean exhaust stack? I did at one stage have birds in there but i assumed they would have come out or burnt up by now. Maybe not.
Volvo did do a back pressure test and it passed.
Ive done all the filters.

Stack pipe, Fuel pick up pipe in the tank, They sludge up,and there’s a small gauze filter on the bottom.

Peak torque runs up to between 1,380 rpm for the 550 motor to 1,450 for the 650 or 1,400 for the 750 and peak power is around 1,700.That’s only showing 1,250.
Try the next gear down.Although the I shift’s 12 speeds obviously doesn’t help.

Your exhaust catalyc is blocked

patrokloscy:
Your exhaust catalyc is blocked

Yup… if it’s euro6 they sometimes collect unburned adblue in and around the injector this builds up in the cat, remove downpipe into silencer/cat near injector and have a look. Also when did it last re-gen.

biggriffin:
Stack pipe, Fuel pick up pipe in the tank, They sludge up,and there’s a small gauze filter on the bottom.

I’d just…

Love if it if this proved to be the problem.

What chance going back to Volvo and saying ‘oi, I want my 10 grand back you useless twonks’. :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:

biggriffin:

I’d just…

Love if it if this proved to be the problem.

What chance going back to Volvo and saying ‘oi, I want my 10 grand back you useless twonks’. :smiley:

Yeah, it’s well out of order to expect a customer to pay for their bloody mistakes. It should be ‘no fix, no fee.’