VOLVO FH13 stereo

Hi all

I am having a problem connecting my iphone/ipod to this stereo.

Does anybody have any ideas as how to do this?

If its not possible then I will change the head unit for a Sony with a aux in socket,but seing the large mass of wires in here i’m not sure on how to go about that either.

Head unit is made by Delphi Electronics part number 28239670

There should be a USB/AUX socket in one of the blank switches above the radio
could be under that cable at the top of first pic

205:
There should be a USB/AUX socket in one of the blank switches above the radio
could be under that cable at the top of first pic

I wish ther was but there is nothing there.

Most volvos have a USB/AUX like this

yours is missing but can be easily sorted

I found some removal pins and took one out to have a look

The blue plug on the right is what you need and if youre a bit diy, the rest is simple’s
if not, you can get one from ebay or from a car audio shop

Below is the pinout diagram showing the pins you need to connect too

C13, C14,C14 are for AUX2 and C18, C19, C20 are AUX1.

you can use a " mini iso to jack " cable like this ebay.co.uk/itm/Connects2-CT2 … 5d3f399422
Just plug it in and thread it into the box underneath the radio
if you want to add a usb, you will need a " male mini usb to female usb a " cable like this ebay.co.uk/itm/Standard-A-Fe … 3f26e8fbd1

I traced the wires back from the radio to this circuit board which is inserted into the switch blank with the jack/usb socket,
the black bit on the left is where you would plug in the cable from your headphone socket.
i have labeled where the wires connect to board but im not sure what the green wire is used for
you could try bridging pin C17 with C19 on your plug and then connect your phone to see if the radio detects it
Hopefully someone else will see this thread and be able to help cos im all out of ideas :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:
It may be that the AUX on you radio has been deactivated as i can select AUX2 with both usb and the jack disconected which
rules out my theory that the green wire was a sensor to detect when something was connected

Hi 205
Just tried bridging c17with 18/19/and 20 (with my iphone plugged in and playing)and still no joy.
The aux button on the front still won’t work,seems it may be deactivated on my head unit.
Thanks for taking the time to rip yours out of the dash and have a look for me.
Dave