*** VoLVo Fh12 420 Engine problem**

I have

Is this the same truck that went ■■■■ up a while ago.If it is i would have it on the next boat to africa.

Colin_scottish:
Is this the same truck that went ■■■■ up a while ago.If it is i would have it on the next boat to africa.

Yea.

Anyone have a contact for a good volvo mechanic who could diagnosis problem.

Can’t see whole engine being gone.

argosy2006:
Anyone have a contact for a good volvo mechanic who could diagnosis problem.

Can’t see whole engine being gone.

has it lost coolant ,how long since inj sleeves were done,who did that job ,and FFS dont let your V8 FITTER near it !!! :blush:

Truck had no blowby and was not using oil.

What is it with people these days? they just love the word silicone. They wouldn’t know what a gasket is or how to make one if it bit them in the arse.

It has too much crankcase pressure ,probably picked up in one of the cylimders,compression is by passing the piston ,pressurising the sump hence the fumes …Head off to see how bad it is …Unless you have a bore scope that fits down the injector hole …It won’t be a cheap repair

Could be a porous liner. Could be a lot of things, you won’t know until you strip it. Is there coolant in the oil? Is there coolant left in the header tank?

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

Is there oil in the coolant?Did they change the oil cooler when they changed the filter housing.If oil cooler has ruptured all pressure to the main gallery has been lost.

Go on then, what was wrong with it ?

Sounds like replacement time to me

Bking:
Is there oil in the coolant?Did they change the oil cooler when they changed the filter housing.If oil cooler has ruptured all pressure to the main gallery has been lost.

oil cooler isnt near filter housing on a D12

Dunno what’s wrong with it yet. L

7 grand to fix it not a chance would i pay that.The unit is not even worth that much get rid of it and get something else.