Volvo fh version 3 lightbars

looking at getting some light bars fitted to my new volvo fh500 version 3 but ive heard a lot of stuff about them having to be programmed in to lighting ecu by volvo workshop.

does any body know if this is true or can they just be done diy.
if they can be done diy do you have a how to??

im concerned about the cost volvo charge, my mate had his 55 plate fm done at volvo and they sent him a bill for a grand so with light bars costing in the region of £500 to £600 im not too willing to pay volvo my hard earned cash.

and no im not just wanting them for looks im on the bulk and they really make a difference finding those wee farms in the dark.

im not a Volvo person,but I would imagine you can hard wire them in by passing any ecu,you would need a switch and a relay

yes that what i thought and i did that on my old reno premium, but a few people have said to me that the lighting ecu on the volvo throws up faults if its not done right.

i have asked a few volvo drivers ive seen with lightbars and they all said that theirs came with lights on them.

theres your answer then,sell your truck and buy a truck with them already on :stuck_out_tongue:

sorry mate i know nowt about Volvos :wink: