Volvo FH Ver3 Central Locking

Hi All,
Maybe some or you smart guys could answer a few questions for me,

I have a 13 reg ver 3 FH and my central locking has just stopped working.
It worked perfect yesterday but not his morning.
I have changed the batteries in the fob and checked the fuses and still nothing.

The key will lock both doors but the fob does nothing.

Anyone know where the sensor is for the fob ?
If the battery ran out all of a sudden does the fob need to be reprogramed ?
Can I do reprograme it myself or is it a volvo dealer job ?

Thanks

J

Process for pairing fobs:

Programming a truck equipped with an alarm is the same as programming one with only central locking, except that the direction indicators do not light during programming.

Coding of new remote controls (max 8 units for the new control unit with green connector block and max 4 units for old version of control unit, blue connector block):

Note: When performing re-programming, the first remote control that is programmed, must have been programmed for the that control unit (ECU) earlier. If none of the old remote controls function, then the control unit must also be replaced.

Remote controls that are not reprogrammed in the same programming sequence as the other remote controls will not function.

Note: The ignition must be turned on and off quickly and in succession. The instrument shall not be activated.

Turn the ignition key to the drive position and off again 5 times.
Leave the key in the drive position the 5th time.
The direction indicators remain lit all the time in the programming mode.
Press button 1 or 2 on the remote control unit.
The direction indicators go out for about 1 second to show that they have received the new remote control unit.
Continue directly with the next remote control unit. The system returns to its normal state 15 seconds after the last button press or if the ignition is switched off.
Note: If none of the buttons on the remote control are pressed, the old remote controls will continue to function.

All remote controls should be checked after programming is completed.

If that doesn’t work (and it probably won’t) I’d be changing the control unit, it doesn’t need programming and comes as a kit with 2 new fobs. its about 200 quid off the top of my head. You will have to do the above procedure to get the new fobs paired to the “virgin” control unit.

Or I find switching isolater of for a few minutes seems to solve most problems

@warcake,
Thanks for the explanation, I tried it and the indicators come on at the 5 turn of the key but the pressing the fob button does nothing.

@hanson
I’m on a 24 hour break at the moment with my digi card in the head, not sure if turning off the isolater switch will have an affect on the tacho or not.
Loading for poland tomorrow and the polish police may take a dim view if it shows a power interrupt !!