Volvo fh starting problem

Hi I have a 2005 fh and now have a issue with it starting. When it’s cold or has been sat for a hour or so it starts first time with no trouble. If however I’ve driven for a while stop then come back it takes 20 to 30 seconds to fire up . Sounds like low o fuel . Just had top end set up done so I’m now stumped. Any ideas ?

Any faults on diagnostics?

No faults on dash . Just odd once warmed up it struggling to start but fine when cold .

I’m a bit stumped on this one, sorry. It’s not a common fault that I have experienced on any of mine.

Can only offer standard suggestions like try disconnecting temp sensors and see if it makes a difference. Make sure batteries are in good health. Obviously tricking the engine into thinking it’s cold the whole time doesn’t solve the underlying problem though.

few ideas, faulty non return valve in fuel line from the front of the head to the filter housing
faulty oil pressure sender
crank pos sensor
worn fuel pump
faulty key, immobiliser problem seen this before where the engine spins over but wont fire up, take key out and hold out the window for a short while then try again

What’s the exhaust smoke situation when it does finally fire?

Non return valve somewhere,or blocked fuel or air filter. :slight_smile:

INJECTOR SLEVES

Definitely injector sleeve

Never known anyone have mither with injector sleeves on a d12 loads had mither with the 13 litre later engine!

Moose:
Never known anyone have mither with injector sleeves on a d12 loads had mither with the 13 litre later engine!

Done a set last month although it had over 1.6m km on and was suspectedly run hot a few weeks earlier with a burst compressor coolant hose,this 1 came in running ok the night b4, started in the morning then cut out. Header tank had diesel in, fuel filter full of coolant and coolant in bottom of fuel tank.