Volvo fh problems

Hi my 2014 volvo fh4 as just started to keep restarting dash computer and radio :question: has anyone else come across this if so how do you go about sorting it.

Thanks

Be Firstly re-boot whole system, switch isolator off for a minute.

Also check the battery connections haven’t corroded away, also check the lead from battery that runs along chassis from batteries, it corrodes and snaps, normally down the side of the batteries, were you can’t see. And how old are batteries over 2 years replace with new Volvo ones.

Cheers biggriffin
Done the battery cut off and check the battery for lose connection and after using battery isolator switch it comes back after a little while although I will check the lead along the chassis

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Possible dash screen fault ?
We had something similar on a “13 Plate”, they changed the screen and it was fine after… :bulb:

You can also put dashboard into night-mode, buy pushing the dimmer switch in. Check dimmer switch is full up,

Also check display settings.

Cable(s) to the starter.

Had one recently that threw up loads of different errors, alternator under charge and overcharge, proximity sensor, driver aids inop, etc, etc. The dash looked like a Christmas tree at the best of times

mardybum:
Cable(s) to the starter.

Had one recently that threw up loads of different errors, alternator under charge and overcharge, proximity sensor, driver aids inop, etc, etc. The dash looked like a Christmas tree at the best of times

It’s a common fault on, FH, and V4 with rear mounted batteries, the large feed cable from the back, corrodes, or chaffs on chassis, causing all sorts, many a FH been stranded because of this, It’s first thing Volvo check at roadside breakdown, But it’s not a problem say Volvo■■?

Cheers for the advice
Been through it all and so far not found anything although have done a system restart and touch wood no problems

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk