Volvo FH or Daf XF

Which is better from a trampers point of view?

Volvo ishift is better than AS-Tronic. Daf cab size is bigger

Which would you rather have?

Personally I can’t wait to get a new Volvo, the AS tronic in my daf has spoilt an otherwise great motor

Manual Daf xf with a 510 be nice. I’d still probably choose the Volvo though

4 over 4 XF with a SSC all the way. The FH is very nice as are all new motors depending on spec, but the XF always seems a bit more ‘homely’ and less sterile to me.

I’ve just jumped into a brand new XF from a 6 yr old FH. The Daf walks all over it in all aspects except the gearbox. That said, apparently the Daf gearbox has had a revamp, and in my opinion, although not quite as good as the i-shift, it’s not far short. Certainly not bad enough to use as a reason for turning one down.

The ride, the seat, the living space, the quietness, the bunk are all won by the Daf. The driving position is good in both tucks, as is the storage. The Daf rides better cos the cab is on air. Dunno what a spring cab rides like.

I tell ya, I’ve been converted! I had to be prised out of my Volvo.

See I told you that you’d soon forget about your volvo dai haha

I’d have a new Volvo over a new XF or old XF over old Volvo…
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376685299.155796.jpg

Volvo for me out of the two. Just better quality all round . :smiley: :smiley:

LR18-8:
See I told you that you’d soon forget about your volvo dai haha

What Volvo? I vaguely recall a red truck hanging about. Was that a Volvo■■? :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

I was in an 11 plate fh, and now have a 13 plate xf, have to say I prefer the xf.
I had to take one of the Volvo’s for service the other day and it was noisy and felt claustrophobic the way the windscreen angles back, but the gearbox is better.

An FH 480 + with I-shift will wazz all over the DAF on performance, but as Dai dap says the new ones are not far behind.
DAF XF SSC cab room comfort etc will totally wazz on everything about at the mo !
Personally for me I’d take a DAF everytime !

wood73:
I was in an 11 plate fh, and now have a 13 plate xf, have to say I prefer the xf.
I had to take one of the Volvo’s for service the other day and it was noisy and felt claustrophobic the way the windscreen angles back, but the gearbox is better.

I agree with that, I’m always pressing the ‘up’ button thinking it’s holding a gear when it’s only doing 1200rpm, just sounds like it’s revving higher all the time

Id have a DAF SSC any time. Granted the as-matic gearbox is poor, but in my opinion, a 16 speed zf is alot better than an i-shift especially on the work I do round farms and building sites. I came off a 54 plate 430 xf space cab and onto a 56 plate iShift Globetrotter XL and wish I could have the old DAF back. The Gobstopper does have a taller cab, which I can stand up in, but considering it is supposed to be the biggest cab Volvo do it isnt that much better than the smaller Space Cab. Everything I had in the DAF ive got in the FH and there isnt much space left over. Plus the DAF had a fitted fridge.
Also no matter what youre opinions are DAF bunks do seem superior to other bunks.

Daf all the way having said that my last 6 trucks have all been daf i have a scc 460 with 12 speed manual at the moment.As said by others the bed is superb storage space very good and just a great truck to be away in all week i myself can not find any problem with build quality i will admit the gear box has taken a little while to get used to after having so many trucks with the 16 speed box as the 12 speed does not seem a natural patten of gear change but the more i drive it the more i like it.The gear spacing is spot on as is the fuel returns but before i change it in 3 years time i will have a auto on demo as although i am an ardent manual fan my mate has just bought a new auto scc and he can not speak highly enough of it and last but not least my local dealer is spot on will service on saturdays and nights so no work time is lost and bend over backwards to help you.

Volvo for me. The DAF is an old relic at this stage, and it’s like sitting in a warehouse, not to mention like driving one

The new fh no longer has tailed windscreen giving it more room supposedly. Won’t be as big as super space though.