Volvo FH night heater problem

Well no sooner that I get one thing repaired (ride height sensor) I get another, although at this time of year minor problem, well 2 actually. But the one I’d like some pointers for is my night heater.

The light on the switch comes on, but nothing no fans, clicks or anything that sound like its trying to even start. Checked the fuses and seems ok, I wonder if a wire or connector has broken. Any body had any experience of this?

The other problem was the driver door central locking solenoid ceasing up, blowing the fuse and not letting me lock the door manually. We had to get into the door and disconnect the solenoid from the locking mechanism to get it to work.

I’m hoping to be able to replace it without removing the window mechanism, but don’t know if its possible?

Try a pm to a mate of mine on here" keith 2" he’ll probably be able to diagnose for you

Night heater control circuit & pass door locking share same fuse. Could be good place to start. :smiley: :smiley:

philberg182:
Try a pm to a mate of mine on here" keith 2" he’ll probably be able to diagnose for you

I’ve sent a pm

Wagger:
Night heater control circuit & pass door locking share same fuse. Could be good place to start. :smiley: :smiley:

Good point, there is a separate fuse for the 3 fuses in that block, didn’t think of that at the time. :smiley:

your night heater might be as simple as needing a new glow plug fitted

I know this is an old thread but I have exactly the same problem as the op. I’ve pulled the plug on the heater and put a bulb across the positive and negative and nothing is going on there. I put in a new cab thermostat last week since before I did that nothing was happening. Then the pump used to click but no heat was coming through. I thought I’d run it a few times and some fuel might get in but now as I say no power is getting to the heater. Any help would be great. It is a Volvo 08 version 2. Webasto 2000st

When my night heater on my 58 plate had the same symptoms, it needed a new filter. There was a spate of night heaters going down last year in the felixstowe area, volvo diagnosed water in the fuel with every one. My last one was an ex elite container motor, so probably fuelled at the same place