Volvo FH mirror glass removal

Anyone know how to remove a mirror glass on an FH?

Got a wire off the heated element that has come off, so going to solder it back on.

Ken.

Quinny:

Got a wire off the heated element that has come off, so going to solder it back on.

Ken.

Old shape or new shape?

Old ones just popped out with a bit of leverage same as the Scania does I’m sure.

A.

Wrap a screwdriver in a cloth,stick it in the gap between the mirror on the plastic and lever the glass out.

. Fh12/13.

Undo the two screws that you can see when you push the lens to its full out, then pull lens towards you.

a surefire guaranteed way is to drive along the A75 at 40 mph convincing yourself that as you are doing the maximum speed limit for that stretch of road,then no other trucks should think of passing you. :slight_smile:

Adonis.:

Quinny:

Ken.

Old shape or new shape?

Old ones just popped out with a bit of leverage same as the Scania does I’m sure.

A.

V3.

Quinny:

Adonis.:

Quinny:

Ken.

Old shape or new shape?

A.

V3.

So it’s the fh 12/13, not a v4, see my previous post.

Screws indicated, unscrew, slide mirror out. :slight_smile: