Volvo FH headlight bulbs

Am I correct in thinking that the headlight bulbs in 2019+ FH volvos are standard H7s with projector lenses? As I was allocated a truck on Tuesday only to find that th headlight bulb was blown when I did my walk round checks at the start of my shift, but instead if letting me replace the bulb the donuts in the office decided to defect it and send it to the main dealer and gave me another truck to drive. iirc its just a case of opening the cover on the step and popping open the bulb cover

Had headlight bulb go on me years ago on a Renault. Was tramping so did sensible thing bought a bulb for couple quid and replaced it myself .
Got back on Friday and said owe me couple quid for a bulb there response was we have a contract with Renault should gone main dealer got them to do it on account.
Unbelievable you use common sense bet your life if I’d of done that I’d of been late to my destination and got told off.

H7’s and dead easy to replace. Just unclip panel next to steps and bobs your uncle. No tools required

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I encountered a DPD driver at Magna Park a few months back, he was there to pick up a stand trailer but the trailer number plate light wasn’t working. I said “I’ve got spare bulbs, I’ll sort that out”. It wouldn’t even have needed tools to change, the lens is just held in by a rubber lip. But he said “No, we’re not allowed to, I’ll have to get a fitter out in the van”.

So the fitter had to drive from Hinckley. No skin off my nose but I bet DPD blether on about their green credentials somewhere on their website.

Probably the easiest bulb change out there no tools required and no jacking the cab , open the door , 4 clips to give a half turn , unclip the back of the headlight , unplug , unclip, out with the old and in with the new . Hardest part is making sure the bulb fits into the slot and then clip it all back together again . Much better than the V3 volvos which had a slide that would have cut your fingers to the bone .
A 2 minute job.