Volvo FH Fusebox

Can anyone please tell me where the fuse box is on a 56 FH please? i know on the older ones they used to be in front of the passenger footwell but i cant find it now.

mb14;751010:
Can anyone please tell me where the fuse box is on a 56 FH please? i know on the older ones they used to be in front of the passenger footwell but i cant find it now.

Didn’t realise people still ‘pulled the fuse’ nowadays, thought it was all magnets. Lol

There is one fusebox under the centre of the dashboard where the little tray is, there is also one in the passenger footwell

Can confirm it’s under the centre sticky out bit of the dash.

Yea if you pull out the cup holder you will see two screws, undo these and give the plastic assembly a good hard tug upwards it will come off… there is also another fusebox in the passenger footwell but blown fuses normally occur in the dashboard fuse box.

My FH had automatic circuit breakers and if a dodgy light on a trailer blew a fuse, it would reset itself within about 15 minutes.

Wheel Nut:
My FH had automatic circuit breakers and if a dodgy light on a trailer blew a fuse, it would reset itself within about 15 minutes.

Circuit breakers, got some of them on my Pete, good idea, it has fuses too, but all the everyday stuff like lights are on the circuit breakers, they’re not automatic, but it’s not exactly hard work pushing a little button back in, didn’y know they had them on Volvo though, had an FH 500 before I left those shores and that was all fuses, had a VN over here too and that was fuses only too, was your one ADR spec Malc? That may be why?

newmercman:

Wheel Nut:

Circuit breakers, got some of them on my Pete, good idea, it has fuses too, but all the everyday stuff like lights are on the circuit breakers, they’re not automatic, but it’s not exactly hard work pushing a little button back in, didn’y know they had them on Volvo though, had an FH 500 before I left those shores and that was all fuses, had a VN over here too and that was fuses only too, was your one ADR spec Malc? That may be why?

Fairly certain they were standard, not ADR but on a tanker, but then we had 3 phase generators or electrically operated hydraulics fitted dependent on type

To gain access to the dashboard fuse box first you need to remove your laptop,churchill nodding dog and truckers table. :smiley:

oatcake1967:
To gain access to the dashboard fuse box first you need to remove your laptop,churchill nodding dog and truckers table. :smiley:

It doesn’t work with a tachograph either, it comes up with an error code or puts a spike on the card :laughing:

Thanks all for the response,of all things it was the 12v socket which had gone and it was fuse no.69 !!!