Volvo fh dash display

Hi guys has anyone had problems with fh v2 dash display ? on the air guage 2 reading it sometimes reads correctly and times it doesn’t read at all, bringing on the alarm and stop signs , a little tap on the dash can sometimes cure this other times it won’t read right until you switch off and on again.
I know fh dash in general have problems I’m just not sure if this is one of them . Truck has 550,000 km only .

How old is the truck? The air gauges on the older ones had an air feed, the later ones were electronic with a signal from a sensor. The dashboards can be repaired, I’d recommend alliance electronics in Sheffield, have done dashboards for me in the past and no issues afterwards. Or pay Volvo £800 for a new one.

chipliner:
I know fh dash in general have problems I’m just not sure if this is one of them . Truck has 550,000 km only .

That’s when all the problems on FH’s start, you can expect to fork out for a clutch and an alternator and tensioners in the not-too-distant future.

Thanks for the replys guys , replaced the sensor for air guage 2 earlier this week as it was an intermittent problem , with a new one made no difference , until Friday total failure, today replaced the whole cluster with one from a breakers yard, no difference , replaced new sensor with old one and it’s now working although I don’t expect it will last .
I’m thinking broken wire now