volvo f89

Lets try again …

Made this air stack after salvaging part of the top cowl and about 18inck of the front skin that has the gutter recess in it !..

Another shot …

Hi Scapper looking good mate !!! F89 my Favorit ! :laughing: be looking out for that one !!

Regards Jimski

nice to see these old motors ■■■■■ back to life found these no ebay may be some use to you ebay.co.uk/itm/160980085723? … 97.c0.m619

superb job there scrapper, keep it up & keep the progress pics comin :slight_smile:

cheers
gaz

for sale on ebay ebay.co.uk/itm/volvo-f89-doo … t_63wt_958

On ebay at the mo 221244653430 cheers

Big runner.

Help needed,
Our black F89 has just passed its test today but nearly failed on drag link front joint.Split rubbers are now a failure,so I removed it completely.
Volvo no longer list the joint alone,so it looks like a complete drag link(maybe early F10 one)which seems expensive when all it needs is a rubber dust seal.
Has anyone any suggestions?
Joe

Joe90mikephillips:
Help needed,
Our black F89 has just passed its test today but nearly failed on drag link front joint.Split rubbers are now a failure,so I removed it completely.
Volvo no longer list the joint alone,so it looks like a complete drag link(maybe early F10 one)which seems expensive when all it needs is a rubber dust seal.
Has anyone any suggestions?
Joe

hey Joe, can’t you make the joints by your self from others by redesign them a bit. I even did it for brake claws,which you had to change completly if a seal was worn. A saying is that the more you repair the more you enjoy your restauration, and last but not least you save lots of money it only takes you a lot of time sometimes.

Bye Eric,

I am in the process of restoring this truck.Does anyone have any info. on the trucks history,if so i am keen to hear from you.Believed to have started life with PIE International then later White Trux on Middle East work, where it was driven by Tony Buckle. Also used to run Italy by a guy called Tony Brownlee from Preston, thanks Dave.

white trux 027.JPG

alp61s.JPG

scrapper:
I am in the process of restoring this truck.Does anyone have any info. on the trucks history,if so i am keen to hear from you.Believed to have started life with PIE International then later White Trux on Middle East work.Also used to run Italy by a guy called Tony Brownlee,thanks.

no info for you mate but she is a beautie … keep up with the pictures if you can … :smiley: :smiley:

now thats a real motor :smiley:

bowser:

scrapper:
I am in the process of restoring this truck.Does anyone have any info. on the trucks history,if so i am keen to hear from you.Believed to have started life with PIE International then later White Trux on Middle East work.Also used to run Italy by a guy called Tony Brownlee,thanks.

no info for you mate but she is a beautie … keep up with the pictures if you can … :smiley: :smiley:

A very nice truck a lot of the PIE ones and the OHS ones had spotlight cut outs in the lower folding grill

This one used to have spots mounted on top of the bumper, i have pics of this.

scrapper:

was tony buckle

BuckleJ:

scrapper:

was tony buckle

Tony Buckle drove it for White Trux and Tony Brownlee was an owner driver from Preston who bought it off PIE before WT got their hands on it.