Volvo f89 6x2 tag axle unit

1808395652524040_1.jpg
wondered if anybody knew the history of this old volvo up for sale on ebay<international transport on the side but cant make out anymore than that.
ebay.co.uk/itm/volvo-f89-6x2 … t_500wt_12

Here she is in better days…from Patrick Dyers F88 book.

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

thanks for the info,be nice to see it restored to its former glory,would it be ok to share this on facebook on astrans middle east site,cheers,mark.

It belonged to Pete Stackhouse. He definately did Eastern Europe, but not sure about Middle East.
This photo taken by ROGER GOOL (his truck parked next to the Volvo). Pete doing some running repairs.

I suggest you contact Roger via Facebook. He knows Pete. I think Pete now lives somewhere in Eastern Europe.

Pic courtesy of Neil Jarrold

Top pics Ash mate,thanks.

I see that the fuel tank has been changed back to the original Volvo type

NZ JAMIE:
Top pics Ash mate,thanks. I see that the fuel tank has been changed back to the original Volvo type

the big one probably fell off due to the “top quality” Eastern Euro roads…NOT! :laughing:

I used to drive VFD697S for Mick Lambert of Dunchurch,Mick bought the truck as a 6 wheel ridgid from a scrape yard and decided to move the axles and chop off the extra chassis to convert it to a artic,when we got her she only had 14000 miles on the clock as she had been a test motor for girling brakes,it was still painted green,had very little trim in the cab and you could see on the front axle where they had fitted different types of brakes.After the conversion she did a few trips to spain,to break her in,then she was on her way to the middle east with Rodney Scholes driving, on that trip mick sent a scania 142 we had.After some time i managed to get my hands on VFD697S doing a round trip to germany,pulling a Laser Transport trailer,when we lost that job i started doing spain with her.I used to work with Pete Stackhouse at Grainger Transport of Kenilworth in the mid 80’s when Pete was taking the beef to the american forces in turkey,then when i moved to Mick Lambert i met up with Pete again as he used to park in our yard when he was over here,i can remember him always showing an interest in buying VFD697S,i won’t forget going on holiday for 2 weeks and on my return phoning Mick to see where i was going and told i was on garage duties,we had our own workshop,and that my truck had gone,when i asked where,he said my mate had bought it(Pete) some mate ha ha,Mick told me he had left the phone in the cab so i called Pete and he told me he had hoped he would be out of range when i found out he had my truck,unlucky.The next time i saw VFD697S was in izmir,mid 90’s,when i was on the beef job myself,i used to see Pete quite regular in dover when clearing customs.If any one has a contact number for Pete it would be good to get back in touch with him.I will post some photo’s of VFD697S when she was in Mick Lamberts colours,the photo on here of Pete pulling a blue tilt is the trailer he got when he bought the unit,you can see the LI on the head board(Lambert International)