volvo f88

Another explanation could have been recabbed after accident or tin worm with an older models cab stood defunk in the corner of the yard. Had a N reg was recabbed at about 6yr old Tin Worm.

tiptop495:
Hey, two things we are missing, first Pat of course.
But second a pic when it was new to who and which country.
Was it at Belgian 4x2 tractor !!!
And why has it as last restored an other numberplate ■■?

Eric,

Tiptop,

Was originally on Belgium spec 4x2 for a company called SPD, Comart International bought them out in about 74 - 6 units were imported and put on UK plates - all HFA regs, unfortunately I don’t have a photo of this one, but did go in it with my Dad - I have photos of 4 of the sister trucks

Cheers Ant

Willie Roadstar:

tiptop495:
Hey, two things we are missing, first Pat of course.
But second a pic when it was new to who and which country.
Was it at Belgian 4x2 tractor !!!
And why has it as last restored an other numberplate ■■?

Eric,

Tiptop,

Was originally on Belgium spec 4x2 for a company called SPD, Comart International bought them out in about 74 - 6 units were imported and put on UK plates - all HFA regs, unfortunately I don’t have a photo of this one, but did go in it with my Dad - I have photos of 4 of the sister trucks

Cheers Ant

Thanks,

Eric,

This Middle-Easter is on a K-plate (about '72) but has later features. What do you reckon Dean; a re-cab job? Robert

n58.jpg

I could well be wrong, but it looks like a very early F89 to me Robert.
Cheers, Keith

kmills:
Cheers, Keith

I think you’re correct kmills.Wiper sweep,and RH mirror arm has a ‘kerb mirror’.Is that Chapman & Ball ,in which case bestbooties will know.

Sir +:

kmills:
Cheers, Keith

I think you’re correct kmills.Wiper sweep,and RH mirror arm has a ‘kerb mirror’.Is that Chapman & Ball ,in which case bestbooties will know.

Looking at the depth of the grille, I’m inclined to agree with you both. Robert

Definitely can read Chapman on the door but M20 always puts his name right across the pictures blotting out names & messing them up in my opinion instead of a neat corner logo, and he has posted pics of our trucks claiming they are his but with no permission before we go down that road, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Definitely can read Chapman on the door but M20 always puts his name right across the pictures blotting out names & messing them up in my opinion instead of a neat corner logo, and he has posted pics of our trucks claiming they are his but with no permission before we go down that road, Buzzer.

Buzzer…and breath…you have the truck he has a photo…1-0 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Is this the man from Southampton who still runs the the F10 on the Paul Gee thread.?

Hi steelboy
no Ian had a stainless grill one then the F12 or Triggers broom as it is known locally
Cheers
Rich

tribsa:
Hi steelboy
no Ian had a stainless grill one then the F12 or Triggers broom as it is known locally
Cheers
Rich

How very cruel Rich, I have to say that as I sold Ian the truck, yes it has had a few changes, like… anyway, you can see a pic of said unit on page 1 under the Britain’s oldest drivers thread in the forum.
Cheers, Harvey

ERF-NGC-European:
This Middle-Easter is on a K-plate (about '72) but has later features. What do you reckon Dean; a re-cab job? Robert

Definitely Chapman and Ball,the trailer has the CB logo on the front corners as well as the cab door on the Volvo.

David

5thwheel:

ERF-NGC-European:

Definitely Chapman and Ball,the trailer has the CB logo on the front corners as well as the cab door on the Volvo.

David

Yep! I know its Chapman & Ball; that’s why I described it as a Middle-Easter when I posted the pic. It was the combination of a '72 reg no. and a later cab that made me wonder if the F88 aficionados on here might shed like on the Volvo aspect :wink: . Cheers, Robert

[zb]
anorak:
…so are the front tyres on the G89 bigger than the rears, or do I need a new pair of specs? :smiley:

Hi Anorak, Just been looking back on this thread and noticed this posting.
Dont forget the G89 had the front axle further forward to the F89 for Sweedish requirements on double bottomed outfits, is it possible that this is making the wheel look differant ■■, just a thought ! Harvey

Proper tidy F88 ! :smiley:

My old girl hooked up to a TIP rental, probably taken in 1984…

Just to confirm earlier comments about the engine size of the early F10. This was mine and it had the 278 bhp engine a great truck for me after years driving the F88 240 on numerous middle east trips.

O and I saw that F88 timber lorry still running a couple of weeks ago around Stow in the Wold.
Steve

F88 240

A book in french about Volvo lorries in France , soon available by editionscany@live.fr or Facebook.