Volvo F10 tag axle

Hi all, trying to establish what wheelbase this Volvo was, and whether it would be on steel or air? The gaffer says air but I can’t find any trace of a single wheel tag F10 on air. Any experts out there? :slight_smile:

Photo is courtesy of and copyright to prattman

ours were all on air, how would you raise the tag if not air operated?

Cant help with the wheelbase though andy

All the ones I’ve seen seem to be on steel, I assume with an electric/hydraulic lift like the Scania one?

I WOULD OF SAID ON AIR, AS ALL THE 4X2s we ran on J plates were air and so were the 6x2s but they were pusher axles hope that helps. looking at it I would say 3.4 mtr wheelbase

consettbell:
Hi all, trying to establish what wheelbase this Volvo was, and whether it would be on steel or air? The gaffer says air but I can’t find any trace of a single wheel tag F10 on air. Any experts out there? :slight_smile:

Photo is courtesy of and copyright to prattman

The Volvo mid lifts were air suspension, the S ride with the single wheel at the rear was springs and hydraulic lift by electric pump activated by switch on dash.
(we did a few factory mods/recalls on these when I was at a VOLVO dealership many years ago)

I remember seeing a non UK one on a breakdown that was air lift and looked factory build, but cant remember what country it was from

I have seen many uk tag axle lifts by air, but these were conversions of 4x2 tractors into 6x2 tags

Hope this is a help.

Hi All
Late S rides were on springs as you can clearly see in the drawing with an air bag to lift them it has been said the last ones were on full air but I have never seen one .
We had a few F12s with s ride and still have one a very good lorry all its life.
I have never seen a Volvo with hydraulic lift like the Scania but that’s not to say they didn’t
Cheers Rich

Probably an “S” ride with “Road friendly” steel springs on the drive axle and air lifted third axle, that permitted use at 44T.

The spring was a peculiar fluted item that satisfied harmonics , hence it’s approval for 44T.

Cheers everyone, I think on that basis I’ll go for a steel spring with air lift on the rear setup