Volvo F10,F12,F16

DEANB:
Volvo F16

For the drivers, I imagine that improved their working conditions no end!

short walk:

robthedog:

Geoffo:
A mate spotted this this week out and about. (I DONT THINK HE DID)

Where’s the ‘like’ button for that working F12?

100% agree chap

steelboyf10:
F

Used to see these on the M6, pulled coilers with curtainsides I think. Always immaculate. No clue as to who or where from.

Camion Stew:

steelboyf10:
F

Used to see these on the M6, pulled coilers with curtainsides I think. Always immaculate. No clue as to who or where from.

T.K. (Keith) Gornall from Ribchester near Preston.

Can’t argue that they were immaculate, washed everytime they went into the yard and Saturdays involved lying on a crawler board underneath with a sponge, oh yes and a hand print on the door where it had been slammed instead on closed with the handle was a dismissable offence, so was setting off in the yard in 2nd gear and many many other things. Keith was a bit different and my word he could get through drivers.

BBM330Y:
Thought I would add a few pics of HA Boyse Fleet from Kempston. My Dad (John Dines) drove for them from the 70s until he retired in the mid 90s. Sadly Dad passed away in 2019 but never a day went by without him talking about how amazing his F10 was. As a kid I spent my school holidays in a wreck of a Foden that was bloody freezing… Guy Big J, F86, Seddon Atkinson (cab fell off) and then BBM330T F1017 (the first F10 they purchased). He had a few of them an S Ride and finished up with a Merc (Hitler’s Revenge he called it).
General Haulage for a couple of weeks (talc powder handballed from Chep pallets to plain ones). Colchester Docks and I think the other one was Rowhedge (really rough lane that was only concreted on one side)! I looked at the guys pulling timber (Anglian Transport?) and then sat around waiting for Dad to finish loading talc or Fishmeal! Another joyous smell was Bonemeal. Also containers a plenty… At the time I loathed and loved the time with the Old Chap… especially the Brick Trunk, Stewartby, Marston, Ridgemont and pipes out of Warboys (I think). Dad would do a run to Clockhouse (Copel) back to Stewartby and then two runs up to Nuneaton LBC. Not sure if it was a night or day shift!
Anyway… would be nice to know if anyone on here remembered Dad! My Brother’s both drove for a while, one at Boyse’s and the other for CJ Haynes in Sherington.

Red chassis, green cab, white rims, pretty much perfect paint scheme, and suited the F series.

121043019_132443455279107_7446467810730887414_n.jpg

Sorry, double post :blush:

Unusual, but tidy example i saw today.

IMG_7678[12589].jpg
Colin.

An history of Volvo trucks in France where they sold the same number as in UK during a lot of years ,many photos.

You could already order the book by editionscany@live.fr. A lot of photos inside , by example this seldom ‘Chinese Six’ from STG company.
Merry Christmas .

I’m not sure who this belonged too… assume that my dad took the snap.
anyone any ideas?

A few more from the collection of Mr. Ashwell

B

Monsieur requires more bling

New Zealand:

Mighty 16

One of three F16 and one F12 400 new that year, pity its not pulling one of the new Barrio fridge boxes that came home that year also, but nice to see thanks for posting Flocko ex Barrio driver

F 12 6x4 Kipper in Perù.