Volvo CD player

When you put a homemade CD into a CD player in Volvo trucks prior to the very latest ones…it normally throws the CD back out at you…saying to “CHECK CD”…Has anyone work out a way of recording CD’s so it doesn’t do this…

Just to let you know …i’ve already got a transmitter and mp3 player, but want to use CD’s sometimes it sounds just that bit better. Also I make my own CD’s so i can listen to exactly what tracks i want to…rather than some original CD crap…with just one good song

Also in the very latest one’s with the new type of CD player…i’ve notice it offers an auxiliary port…can i assume the fools have fitted it at the back instead of the front like the new Merc or Scania Clarion stereo

Ta

What software are you using?

There are 2 different types of music cd

1. Audio cd which will work in any cd player (usually fit about 20 tracks)
  2. Mp3 cd which will only work on cd players that can read mp3’s, they usually have mp3 stamped on the front of the unit. (usually fit 100+ tracks)

You should pick the option for “create audio cd to play in normal cd player” or something similar. Do not create an mp3 cd.

No…No…Just a normal CD burnt with Nero 7. (or whatever)…not Mp3’s directly onto CD…

Ta

try different software see if that works.

Some will only work with cdr rather than cdrw so if you have nt tried its worth a go, but some stereos just wont play copied cds, nothing to do with the program. if your not getting good quality with the mp3s try saving them, with a higher mbps. will sound better.

Check your track file types, there more than likely to be mp3’s, if so change them as the cd player cant read mp3’s

Try burning at a slower speed, this will make the data tracks more defined and easier for cd players to read. Your PC might be able to read cd’s burnt at high speeds but some cd players struggle.

I had the same problem as your when I changed the computer I used to burn the CD. THe original ones worked fine and so did the other drivers CD’s, but whe I got a new computer I couldn’t get them to play without lots of messing about.
We’ve now got an IO play, which lets us play music from an Ipod or any other MP3 player using a bluetooth connection, works well and doesn’t interfere with the parrot hands free system.

I use burnt CD’s in the player in my Volvo no problem so it may be down to the type of disc you are using, the real cheap ones can be iffy.

the other thing could be that you may not have finalized the CD so the date can be read