Volvo Cab Tilt Mechanism

Hello all, got asked a question the other week on my retest C&E 2nd time failed again by the same horrible examiner at Leicester, he asked me how would i know if the cab tilt mechanism is locked on the vehicle, i couldn’t answer as i’ve never had any need to know on the class 2’s before, i meant to ask my trainer Bill of Hughes HGV Training afterwards but completely forgot as i was so ■■■■■■ off, the truck is a fairly old Volvo any advice much appreciated!

Hi mate which examiner did you have at leicester ive got my C+E there a week on thursday thanks Dave

you would have a warning light on the dash with (usually) a picture of a partially tilted cab!

or tell him you would have difficulty sitting in the seat, unless you had the seatbelt on! :wink:

a common problem on the hitlers revenge actros’ we have at work, more time at mercs than the mechanics that work there, the german pieces of crap!

Yes, as above. A warning light on the dash. Some trucks wont start either if the cab isn’t secure.

This was a question that was always asked before the braking exercise but I haven’t heard of it since that finished (Dec 31st 2010).

Good luck next time :laughing: :laughing:

Lee G:
you would have a warning light on the dash with (usually) a picture of a partially tilted cab!

^ That is all you can say, without confusing yourself.

Unless it is a D series, Volvo F88 or F86 and you cannot reach the gearstick :laughing:

Ok thanks for that appreciate it!